taking payments by paypal for your horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee_minis

Reaction score
Besides having the buyer refute the charges and having PayPal pull the money back, what other problems are there for taking money through PayPal for a horse?

The first time I paid for a horse with PayPal was also the first time the seller had accepted money that way. I sent her $4000. They deducted the money from my bank account right away, but the seller told me it took a month for her to receive the money. What's with that??

Does it depend on how much it is?

Does it depend on if it is or is not from a credit card? (I doubt I can accept credit card payments)

And PayPal charges the receiver 3%?

[SIZE=14pt]The delay may have been because of the amount. I think over 1000 they wait longer for it to clear. Also the receiver does get charged the 3% so I add that to the payments. I have done it especially with people that I dont know..... more secure than them sending you a check. At least I felt that way.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I think the time also depends on how they request it and how you send it. It should show up in your Paypal account as soon as they make the payment. If they pay with a CC, it is there quickly. If they pay from their bank account, it takes a few days for the money to show up.

It may take a few days to actually be retrievable. If you request a direct deposit, it takes 3 business days. If they request a check it can take up to 10 days.

I've sold panels and horses with paypal and have always gotten the money right away. Even fairly large amounts.

I think it depends on how it is coming from the buyer I used it to get a horse paid for ( I was the seller) they essentially paid with a check- it cost me 5 bucks (less then a wire transfer) I did have to wait 5 business days for the check to clear with paypal and be put directly into my bank account. It worked great and I personally wouldnt hesitate to do it again however it was different then a CC i think

Latest posts

Back