Taking Conchos Off Cable Halter

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should I keep it on?

• Total voters

red.pinto

Reaction score
How do I take a concho off my cable halter?

My first cable halter came in yesterday and has a surprise concho on it. I currently have no idea how to take it off, it looks mind boggling LOL!
IMG_20210711_163733343.jpg

I'm not familiar with this, so I'm going to take a guess.....

It looks like it's a sort of latch. Where that loop is by your thumb, can you flip it up? The legs on the outside would then be pointing down and you might be able to slide it off the cable. Let me know how my guess worked out!

I voted keep it because it looks impossible to remove. But I would guess most people want to see what it looks like on the horse before voting to keep it or not.

I'd try it on and see if you like it or not, if not I'd probably try bending the bits on the outside where your thumb is and it looks like it would slip off them.

I sold the conchos I had with this kind of clip--they won't fall off, but they do slide down on the fine cable halters, or some of them do. I much prefer the barrette backs, even if they can easily fall off if you don't check them frequently.

Thank you all for the instructions! I've been incredibly busy as of late, so I could only get to the site just now.

Thanks to the instructions, I ultimately decided to take the concho off as it does slide quite easily and pricked the pony I show with in the face with one of the ends. Thanks to the votes, I might put it back on!

Pictures of concho and halter on pony.(Sorry about the chain, was fitting the halter when it came in today.)
IMG_20210712_104508160.jpgIMG_1647.jpgIMG_1651.jpgIMG_20210712_195839694.jpg

Back