Taker kids growing up......went to their first show, with others

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erica

Reaction score
Well with no more conditioning that they've had I'm happy with the way they look. It' been really wet and cold, and then I don't get hom until 5 and leave at 7.......so we fit in workouts when we can.

Arena lighting was dark, so all pictures are grainy/blurry

Erica's Total KnockOut (Taker x Knocker)- yearling under stallion, took jr and Overall Grand

Really anxious to see how Knock U Out looks now.....

tkoshowagain.jpg

tkoshow.jpg

yko.jpg

tko.jpg

Erica's Taking on Heirs (Taker x Heir)- yearling over stallion, took jr/overall Grand/Reserve

handsome3.jpg

handsome2.jpg

handsome-2.jpg

Erica's Big City Gamblin' Man (Big City x Socks) - two year old small over gelding, took Jr Grands, Grand

gamblershow.jpg

gambler-1.jpg

Erica's Tanquery of WF - yearling under gelding, took jr Grands, Grand, Reserve

tanker.jpg

tank-2.jpg

No good pictures of the girls as it was like 40 degrees, pouring rain and tons of wind Sunday morning, everyone was ready to get on the road and the girls were just a shivering.....

Erica's Cloverbud (Bandito x Rowdy)- Sr under mare, Grand/Reserve, split the grand with yearling mare (Sr. Grands).........she's finished her HOF as well!!!

clover.jpg

cloverbud.jpg

Erica's Dream Along With Me, (Aloha in A) - yearling under mare, jr grands, Grand/Reserve, split with Clover; she was very nervous and anxious and cold, but time will help her....just got to work on growing up mentally some

dream-2.jpg

Cross Country Some N To Talk About - yearling small over mare, jr and overall, Grand/Reserve

Didn't get pictures of this girl.....did a few from across the arena but they are just a blurr......

There are days I am SO GLAD I don't have a halter horse competing in your area...and others I'd kill to be there just to see them!
default_laugh.png
You have an amazing crop of horses, all turned out impeccably, and I love the relationship you have with each of them. You can tell you're a soothing safe place for them.

Leia

They are all just amazing... Hard to pick a favorite (depends on which picture I'm looking at). All just outstanding
default_wub.png
:wub
default_wub.png

I was there in person and got to see these amazing horses in real life and they are stunning! But Erica, I have to say Dream Along With Me is BEYOND AMAZING! I think she's really special and is going to be unbeatable with a bit more experience. She's just one of those you can't stop looking at!
default_yes.gif
But...could you please let me know the rest of your show schedule so I can avoid those shows?!
default_rolleyes.gif

They are WAY to beautiful Erica, WAY WAY WY to beautiful
default_wub.png
. You should really be proud of the horses you are producing!

Just wanted to ad, TKO looks just like Taker! They resemble each other so much.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Gorgeous as always!

Gorgeous!! Congrats on a great show! I can't pick a favorite, either, Jill.
default_wink.png
They look fantastic, Erica.

Jodi

Gorgeous! Those are fabulous horses! I'm with Leia! Glad I'm not competing against you!
default_smile.png

When you have put the major two things into place that you have, Erica (good breeding and good feeding), the lack of time for training is not such a terrible thing.

They will only get better from here on out!

Question: Did anyone ELSE win anything?

J/T, congratulations!!!

Liz M.

I was there too, showed my yearling filly and senior gelding.

With my filly, JMS I Ain't No Drama Queen, she didn't do bad for her first show. She got two seconds in halter against Erica's sorrel filly. Got 1st and 2nd in color out of 2. And she placed 3rd and 6th out of 10 in liberty. I can retire my gelding from liberty now lol.

Speaking of my gelding, he decided he did not want to show and FREAKED OUT in the holding area in the cart. Took him into the ring to practice and he was feeling like bucking so got scratched from the show.

Overall I was happy with the show, and very proud of my filly and her placings.

And Erica WOW!!! Those horses look awesome in person, I didn't feel so bad about loosing to her lol.

Congratulations Erica. They all look great, but one holds a special place in my heart!
default_wub.png

Congratulations!!! They all look excellent......but I think you know my favorite....Gambling Man

Ok, I'd like to put in a request.....a filly just like him.....
default_yes.gif

Russ- I'll just take him.
default_smile.png
Gambler is incredible.

I was just telling Jill today... one can dream..........

CKC, oh...me too....I LOVE him!
default_aktion033.gif
I'm just hoping to influence Erica to repeat that cross....please...
default_smile.png

Thanks everybody, I just love them all. They are each very special and definelty have their own personalities.......now I'm trying to wrap my brain about what I'm going to do with Clover; bred her or show her more...she's already HOF and 3x National Champion, 2x Reserve and proven herself more than once; and then if I decide to bred her then I have to choose to whom, Pharaoh, Taker, Big City, Destiny...

I have 4 more other ones to get shaved this weekend who are up in the barn. Maybe the weather will decide to stay warm!

Helen, I get most of my jackets just sewn anymore, as I have a relative that sews for the big shows in Branson and she lives just a few miles ago, I just buy material if I see something I like, draw up designs and have her measure and sew. Blue jacket is one of those...

Latest posts

Back