Tail worth money!!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lea

Reaction score
Got this email and thought I would post it for this lady that I do not know
default_no.gif

But anyway --here's a way to pay for gas this summer... Start brushing and braining those tails. I used to keep my mini stallions tail long.. When he showed he looked like a little Saddlebred as he had that kind of head and set up like one.... Everyone told me to cut his tail... I just couldn't, you just don't do that easily coming from the big horse breeds where the tail were to die for.............

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a paying business! Too bad I cut all my mini's tails over the winter! :DOH!

What is he doing with them ?

I dont know if i want to take away my horses fly protection, and i believe i read somewhere that in the winter it keeps their inner hind legs warm ?

Sounds like great money, but i dont think i could bring myself to cutt off their beautiful tails :DOH!

I'm guessing they make tail extensions for big horses???? That's why they would want all different colors and such. Or that's what I'm thinking.......
default_rolleyes.gif

Braided and hitched horse hair jewelery seems to sell well. we have had horses tails stolen. at first we thought that it was "kids "doing it till I saw what they were paying for hair. the local sheriff told us that several people had complained of loosing tails. I dont think anyone was ever caught. DR.

my guess is also tail extentions..but 4 +feet is bigger than all mini's I know.

If I go out some morning and find my horses' tails missing, I would be on shotgun alert after that. That is disgusting.

Anyone interested in horse tail could contact a local vet and be notified when horses are brought in for euthanizing.

No need to cut tails off living horses--there is more at work there than simple profit. Maybe I didn't understand correctly?

my guess is the demand has gone up because of the banning on slaughter. I have heard a big majority of tail extentions came from slaughter houses.

default_no.gif

But anyway --here's a way to pay for gas this summer... Start brushing and braining those tails. I used to keep my mini stallions tail long.. When he showed he looked like a little Saddlebred as he had that kind of head and set up like one.... Everyone told me to cut his tail... I just couldn't, you just don't do that easily coming from the big horse breeds where the tail were to die for.............
I'm missing something. The email/link is not coming up on my computer with the details.

Link is not there for me either. Tail extensions are a big business, QHs have been using them for years and you just almost can't show without them anymore unless you have one of those rare horses with a super thick tail. I think it's a shame really that you have to have them, the horse that doesn't have one just sticks out like a sore thumb anymore - they do look nice, unless they are falling out or put in badly and separating from the real tail :DOH! , and the weight helps keep the tail still.

Never thought about them coming from the slaughter horses.....ugh.

Jan

We had a silver black mini here who had a super thick long white tail and same type of mane and forlock and were away for a weekend ad when we came home his tail was completely gone and his mane and forelock were roached. A few horses around us had the same problem. We were very sad for him because he had no fly swatter or protection around his eyes from the bugs. He was miserable and wouldn't come out of the shelter. I think maybe a bit embarrassed too if they can feel that. Our poor boy. When he passed away at Thanksgiving it still hadn't come back like it was before and that was a year and a half later.

My tails that are white are worth BIG $$$$$$

One for extensions

Two for..... VIOLINS/FIDDLES. Yep horse hair is used to make violin strings.

Kim

PS I come from a Saddlebred Hackney background so all my tails are long..of course every one says cut it, it's not fashion, but I love the long flowing draggin on the ground tails!

Kim

My tails that are white are worth BIG $$$$$$

One for extensions

Two for..... VIOLINS/FIDDLES. Yep horse hair is used to make violin strings.

Kim

PS I come from a Saddlebred Hackney background so all my tails are long..of course every one says cut it, it's not fashion, but I love the long flowing draggin on the ground tails!

Kim
Hello,

My name is Elaine Gregory and I recently purchased several tail braids from some clients that raise Miniature horses in the New England area and they suggested I contact some of the breeders across the country, since aside from being adorable....mini's seem to grow amazing tails! If you have any breeding stock or horses with exceedingly long tails I am interested in buying the hair. It must be atleast 4 1/2 feet, any color, any fullness. Braids are worth $100 to $1,000 depending on color, fullness, etc. If you would like to call me; please feel free. My cell phone is: (802)249-9170 or email is fine as well. Thanks for your time. Elaine

default_no.gif

Hello,

My name is Elaine Gregory and I recently purchased several tail braids from some clients that raise Miniature horses in the New England area and they suggested I contact some of the breeders across the country, since aside from being adorable....mini's seem to grow amazing tails! If you have any breeding stock or horses with exceedingly long tails I am interested in buying the hair. It must be atleast 4 1/2 feet, any color, any fullness. Braids are worth $100 to $1,000 depending on color, fullness, etc. If you would like to call me; please feel free. My cell phone is: (802)249-9170 or email is fine as well. Thanks for your time. Elaine

Horse hair is also used for HUMAN hair extensions. I found out this from a girl I was training. Took off early for a "dr appointment" with hair about 2" long, and came in the next day with hair past her shoulders. With this and other issues, she's no longer with the company. But she finally came clean and said that some African American's use horse hair for their extensions and it's very expensive.
default_wacko.png

Ok, all this sounds good, but Elaine forgot to put an email listing in the email and long distance is expensive if you don't know where your calling, could be across the country anywhere or world for that matter.

I guess I'm just a skeptic and don't want to be ripped off by a scammer. I mean what do you do send off hair from your horse and never recieve the money for it. Yea, someone could make alot of money from that one.

Ok, all this sounds good, but Elaine forgot to put an email listing in the email and long distance is expensive if you don't know where your calling, could be across the country anywhere or world for that matter.

I guess I'm just a skeptic and don't want to be ripped off by a scammer. I mean what do you do send off hair from your horse and never recieve the money for it. Yea, someone could make alot of money from that one.
Its always good to be cautious.

I know Elaine Gregory and have sold her a few horses and purchased several from her, along with selling her tail hair. She is very legit. She is in Vermont and her email address in on her website. www.elainegregory.com

~Jen~

Latest posts

Back