Tack sheds

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaintedMeadows

Reaction score
We are having to build a new tack shed here and I am looking for any of your favourite ideas. I have mini tack as well as 4 saddles and all of my electric fencing posts and tape. Any and all ideas and pictures are welcome!! Thanks in advance.

Check out my farm tour page on my website for ideas

The cheapest way to go is to build your own from wood and use shingle roofing vs say buying a pre made building or metal building.

Our barn and newer two stall barn are insullated and that helps tons especially if your feed is involved

Thank you Marty. You have a really nice place. What do you use to hang halters? What about saddles? Do you have any? Harnesses? What do you do with grooming supplies? Lots of questions! lol.

You asked about harnesses and saddles. I don't have it yet, but am working on some cupboards to keep saddles and harnesses in. What I want is for hubby to make some saddle racks inside on the bottom and some shelves and hooks to keep harnesses and halters on the top part of the cupboards. I want them to close and be as tight as possible cause there seems to be dust everywhere all the time.
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for the farm tour, Marty. You have a beautiful place and it looks like you have lots of property. How lucky you are to have such talented men in your family! (My DH, bless his heart, is just not gifted in that way.)

Where oh where did you get that adorable foal statue that guards your front gate? I would love one of those. If I make it out to Tennessee one of these days I will be sure to schedule a tour in-person; it looks like a lovely place to sit back and enjoy the view.

Cheers!

Rebecca

If you ask your farrier or have a farrier near by you can get horse shoes that they have pulled off horses and they make excellent hangers for halters and leads in the sheds -- Just an idea
default_smile.png

Good Luck!

You have a beautiful place and it looks like you have lots of property.

No we only had 5+ acres but then we bought the property that was behind us that was being used for cows and then along side of us when it came available just so nobody would plunk trailers on it. Dan might want to build a house on it someday maybe if I ever let him out of his room.
default_biggrin.png

What do you use to hang halters?

If you look a the pic of the inside of the barn, you will see halters hanging on each stall. I use the rubber coated bicycle hooks that just screw in. For additional hooks in the tack room I have a few of those 4 way hooks for spares.

What about saddles?

I have one large saddle rack for my western show saddle that my dad made me when I was 17 that I cannot part with. I just keep painting it and hammering it back together.

Then I have a couple of those metal ones that you can lift up and down that fold up against the wall when you don't need them for my others.

Do you have any? Harnesses?

I keep my bridles and all that stuff and show halters wrapped up in towels and kept in a Rubbermaid container with that preservative stuff in it.

What do you do with grooming supplies?

I have two sets of very large shelves. The plastic kind that you stack. They have pvc type posts and you set them in the shelving and make the shelves go as high as you want and adjust them to the height you need.

My shelves are fully loaded. I use one for all my clipping related stuff and my grooming tools are in totes that take up two shelves
default_wacko.png
and then I keep some rubbermaids on others, spare buckets, supplements, shampoos and conditioners, fly sprays etc.

All my sheets and blankets and fly masks etc are sorted and kept in Rubbermaids on the shelves and labled.

Medicines and wormers and scrunchies and that type of stuff are in the cabinets.

I have another set of wood shelves that is basically for building related tools and I have like tons of different size screws and nails sorted out in plastic containers and lined up on that and my tool box and supplies like fencing insullators and hot wire, miscellaneous junk that just kinda winds up there. Its a mess I need to straighten those shelves out again.

I have four feed cans along the wall for the different grains I feed. Hay is in two separated storage buildings away from the barn. They are eye sores and we will tear them down asap and build new ones. :DOH!

Where oh where did you get that adorable foal statue that guards your front gate?

There's a little place that makes all sorts of nice concrete yard pieces here very reasonable.

That was my anniversary present.

Check out my farm tour page on my website for ideas

The cheapest way to go is to build your own from wood and use shingle roofing vs say buying a pre made building or metal building.

Our barn and newer two stall barn are insullated and that helps tons especially if your feed is involved

WOW! Marty I love your place. That is really awesome. I have the Mare barn which is an old shed turned two stall barn and their dry lot. Then the Boys barn which is one stall they share and their dry lot. I dream of tearing down both of the buildings and putting up one for all of them but can't afford that yet. The hay is stored in the shop and the front of the shop is the feed room and tack room. Keeps them warm and dry all winter so I guess I can't complain. Love your place though.

Marie

Genie, I love you tack shed!! That is gorgeous!! We don't have a barn here and are't really planning on building one so your building would be perfect for me and and would fit in with our property!!! That is just perfect! Thank you so much for sharing. Now I just have to convince hubby to start on it! lol. So much to do around here, so little time. I also need one or two more run in shelters. tee hee

Latest posts

Back