Tachycardia and the love of my life

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kootenay

Reaction score
My one, my only has a terrible condition called Tachycardia, and he came home from work today early complaining of the symptoms. He refused an ambulance saying it cost too much and luckily our neighbor, a retired Sheriff was able to drive him in to the hospital as I don't drive
default_no.gif
. I'm so afraid i'm going to lose him one of these days.

The doctors told him that he needs to quit his roofing job and not be involved with a farm style lifestyle anymore. We have 2 mini horses at the moment and only have a small greenhouse and garden every year. I'm a little person at 4 foot 11 , but i can take over the firewood/hay/heavy jobs by myself. Being a female little person at 31 years of age just makes me stronger to get through this, and makes me able to take over jobs he can't do now. The doctors want him to take a desk job though.

Please keep Chris in your prayers tonight. He wants this lifestyle, and doesn't want to give up a job he loves. He's not home from the hospital yet, but soon. He phoned and updated that he wasn't going to stay any longer. He made me stay home as he does not want me to get upset (yeah right--i'm hysterical
default_sad.png
), and he didn't want the 'babies-(the minis) to miss their dinner feeding. His mom is there, and she will be driving him home.

Here is a picture of him up on what he likes fixing best.

Chrisontheroofspecial.jpg

Info on Tachycardia:

Tachycardia on Wikipedia information link

He's on his way home. The levels weren't as bad as the last time thank goodness. I'm so sick about this though I wonder if there will be a next time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Positive thoughts and prayers are with you both.......

I'm sorry. Seems at times that life just throws more at us than we should have to deal with. But remember that we're never given more than we can handle. Sending prayers for you and your husband.

He's home, and he wants to clear this up: He has..... Supraventricular tachycardia Information on that here: Link to information .

Trying to get him calmed down healing here if it wasn't for dealing with the police due to neighborhood crime. Someone cut my pagewire fence and almost let the minis out, plus there has been vehicles parked around our place on an abandoned property just up the street. This junk is going on day and night. The neighborhood is finally taking a stand though so I - and all the rest of the neighbors can finally have a peaceful nights rest.

Thinking calm thoughts here, and thank you for all your prayers and well wishes.

default_saludando.gif

Chris and Kim

First of all I am sorry you are going through this. I went through it with my hubby AND HE IS NOW CURED!!! His heart rate got close to 260 beats per minute with his episodes. His boss took him to ER once. Ambulance took him once. And I took him the last time. He had a procedure done at Baptist Heart in Little Rock, Ar. It was called an ABLATION. Simply put they zapped the nerve that the brain was telling to set his heart to "race". Immediately cured! The episodes were scary. I feel for ya'll. Each time it happened in ER (and once paramedics inside our home)they had to give him a shot of something (pronounced ADENNISON) not sure how to spell. It stops the heart so it can reset itself. Like you restart a computer. He said you could actually feel yourself "gonelike" for a couple of seconds. Then everything would go back to norm. What you don't want to go through is hours of that racing. That is when it can become dangerous. I always took it more seriously than he did. One time only 1 cop stopped me enroute pedal to the metal. The first time I blew past one highway patrol only to have two others waiting for me up the road. :arg! Each time I got to ER he was ok. The time I drove him myself I actually saw the shot administered. Scary, cannot describe what it feels like to know they were going to reset his heart with me watching. Please, check on whether or not he is a candidate to have this corrective procedure done. It can have a happy ending. Think positive. He needs to do away with caffeine meanwhile.

sending you and your husband posative healing thoughts.Anything is possible if you put your heart and mind to it . Sounds like the two of you will get through this together, you will find a way. Keep the posative thoughts flowing , and keep us posted so we can give you the support you need.
default_smile.png

I bet you guys are terrified. I will be hoping that you can find a way to fix Chris's problem so you are not scared all the time.

I've know several people that have had the ablation done, and all has turned out wonderfully for them. Please try to check into that for him. If he is a candidate for it, it will help you both feel better! In the meantime, best wishes and prayers for you.

So sorry to hear he is having trouble and what a scare! There must be something they can do for this??? Typical man didnt want to take an ambulance -
default_wacko.png
Not knowing what it was, does he realize he could have had a life threatening situation and by waiting, could have been a different outcome??!! Also, the ambulance crew has drugs and are trained to DO something should he have needed it.... It also seems to get you into the emergency room MUCH quicker when you are having chest pains, and bad symptoms!!

I have a friend who had the same thing. Yep, I said HAD. She had the procedure that was described earlier and all is back to normal. No need to change occupations, etc. Caffeine must be kept to minimum, but we should all be following that...best of luck and I hope that they will do something to remedy this and you can get your lives back.

There is sooo much that can be done for your heart nowadays. Surely your family doctor can recommend a Heart Doc to work on him and make him almost NEW again...Good Luck!
default_saludando.gif

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes. I wanted to let you know that he went back to work, and is stating that the doctor he has keeps denying him the treatment he needs. I personally think he should get a new doctor as that one seems clueless.

I would have replied sooner, but have had some sort of pulled muscle in my neck and left side of my shoulder. I don't think i've known pain like this since I broke my ankle. I seem to think it may be from having an old wooden waterlogged pallet fall right on top of my while I was dragging it to the burn pile a few days ago--but who knows. It sure couldn't come at a worse time though with all the chores around here lately.

Thank you once again everyone. He sure had a few tears in his eyes when he read all the replies. He thinks this forum is a wonderful group, and a safe port in this storm we call life.

I agree on finding another doctor!!!!!!!!!!!! That is insane. Please tell him to NOT wait until further damage or problems are done!!! He can get treatment and go back to normal!! Just remember, half the doctors out there graduated in the bottom of their class!!!!
default_wacko.png

I second getting another doctor. My mother also had ths and had the ablation done, she is doing great, find someone who will treat it for him, and take care of yourself.

Back