Syd's Ba-ack!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylady

Reaction score
It's been an eventful few days around here. I was out in the pasture, cutting a bay tree off of the fence (courtesy of Hanna,) when I got a phone call from my friend. Long story short, her life has gone into disastrous free fall lately, and she offered to sell Sydney (her 2-year-old Mini filly) to me. The price was quite reasonable, hubby was agreeable, so tonight, there's another set of legs in the pasture. Betsy, my mini mule, is very glad to have her buddy back, but Syd is a bit stand-offish. Looking at her, I can't say I'm surprised. She'd been pastured with a few quiet, older mares, but Little Miss Houdini kept finding ways into the other paddocks, so she's been worked over by an assortment of big horses. None of the marks look serious, and most have healed already, the hair just hasn't grown back in yet. Her nose in bright red and scabby with sunburn. Should I do something about that, or will it heal on its own? She never sunburned here, perhaps because they usually hang out in the barn during the hottest part of the day.

I didn't have the full price cash-in-hand, but we've worked that out. My friend really needs a hand over at her place. A couple of months of indentured servitude, and Syd will be mine! Maybe I should change her name to Rachel?
default_laugh.png

default_aktion033.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Congrats... I am sure she will heal up nicely. I dont know about the sunburn -- maybe some salve on it to keep it from being cracked and sore but I havent ever had to deal with a sunburn on a horse so I am not sure... Good luck.

I would just put some aloe lotion on the sunburn so it doesn't dry out too much, and some sunscreen when she is out to pasture so the damage doesn't get worse. Congrats on having her back, I bet your friend is relieved that she is in a good home where she can visit, its so hard to see someone lose their little friends to lifes circumstances.

Back