sweetys offical foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
default_saludando.gif
thanks iam feeling a little bit better antibotics are really doing the trick..

still coughing a bit and did cough up a little bit of blood today..

but got a better sleep last niight so hoping for a good night sleep tonight..

as for sweety well her udders dont seem to have got any bigger to me

time will tell....she does seem to be walking a lot slower she got this woddling walk happening LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I find Suzie gets bigger in the morning, smaller at night... Sweety might pause like Suzie did, hopefully for not as long....
default_no.gif
stress!! LOL

To be honest Jenny, I would be watching Sweety very closely - as I'm sure you are. I know that she looks and could have a little while to go yet, but her udder is at the point that it could fill very quickly as she goes into labour.

I cant remember if you have a home camera set up that you are watching? If not then pay particular attention to Sweety's 'moods' during the daytime. Many years ago I had a little mare that was never particularly friendly, but two weeks before her due date and with very little bag, she kept following me around everytime I went into the field. In my stupidity I just thought it was her 'changing a bit' due to being soon to foal. She foaled that evening in her stable before I went out for my first evening check and the foal never got out of the bag.
default_no.gif

Well, we are all wiser, sadly, after the event, but since then I watch my mares like a hawk for ANY changes in their normal way of doing things, so just wanted to give you an example of what can happen to any of us, especially, as many of the others will know, when we just pop to the loo, or misread the signs and go indoors for a quick cuppa!

Glad to hear you got a good night's sleep last night - hope you get the same tonight and then feel even better tomorrow.
default_yes.gif

default_saludando.gif
oh thats really sad anna........

i have got a camera but i dont thinkk ill put her on mare stare as ive got it set up in my room not on the internet

plus ive got to get a light set up in the paddock as sweety dosnt like the stable

theres no change in her today was expecting her to change every day
default_no.gif

still feeling like crap i was up all night coughing and now iam on antibotics iam not coughing up flem and no blood
default_aktion033.gif
anymore so

its a dry cough and hurts my head every time i cough...oh and i gotta cross me legs or i pee my self child birth does

wonders for the bladder,,,,LOL

Oh were on day 321 Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
default_aktion033.gif

default_saludando.gif
OMG that is so sad ....thanks so much for all advice you all dont no how much it really does mean to me

THANK YOU ill be watching big time
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif
:shocked
default_new_shocked.gif

I hope you feel better very soon, prayers of healing. I too have had a foal last month not make it because I missed the birth. the night she had it, she just pawed at the ground a little, shoved everyone out of the way to eat, and that was it! I missed it. That's is what made me decide to put stormy on Marestare. I am so excited for Sweety, she is looking close.
default_aktion033.gif

I see changes
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
. I dont get to post often but try to read when i have a few minutes but just wanted to tell you again what a darling little girl Sweety is. does she have one of those types of manes that never tangle? I have one horse whos mane looks like your little Sweety...it always just stays nice and soft!! What color is she when she sheds out...I love her color now but was just wondering as sometimes they are so different!

default_saludando.gif
thank you ,,she is palimino i think never rugged her

i would say she a dark palimino if she was rugged

yer main stays like that dont have to brush her
default_aktion033.gif

Yes, she would have my full attention too bc even though her tummy doesn't look quite ready her teats are pointing straight down so she could be a sly one.
new_shocked.gif

default_saludando.gif
she been acting very different today standing in the one corner swishing her tail lots and very jumpy when you touch

her belly or boobys...i think she starting to get uncomfortable

Beware of mares standing alone in corners! Although I'm sure she's probably just feeling a bit uncomfortable.
default_yes.gif

Is she alone in her paddock, she really shouldn't be with other mares when she foals - little Lyric had a bit of a shaky start when caught up in the rush of the other mare to see her/take possession of her, and was quite exhausted that first day.

Do you have enough space in a barn/enough stables to be able to bring a companion in with her and in view of her? Sorry, I have no idea of your place/set up, just trying to throw out suggestions. Also it is easier to be right there at the birth if the mare is 'restricted' in some way - not easy either if you are having to fend off other nosey mares!
default_rolleyes.gif

It is great that you have a foaling alarm on her, but I have heard tales of some of them refusing to re-set properly after they have been set off. (Sorry again, never seen or used one of these so not sure how they work!)

I still think Sweety has a little way to go, but these sneaky mare often like to suprise us. LOL!!

default_saludando.gif
well sweetys on day 322 and shes still walking like shes got a potatoe up her bum lots of tail swishing and not really fust on eating her brekky udders are not much bigger ...so i think she wont be much longer.....

as for me well iam still not 100% better but getting there still coughing heaps and headaches
default_no.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back