sweetys offical foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
default_saludando.gif
just been out watching her a shes acting a bit weird hasnt eaten all her brekky and hiding at the back of the stable

but udders are not full enough yet
default_no.gif

default_saludando.gif
Hooyar about 3days ago i think

29447qa.jpg

hooyar today

iom4ie.jpg

Udders from 3 days ago

142u1dh.jpg

udders today thay dont look much different but thay feel bigger

2qbrbwj.jpg

there looks to be a little change with the udder n some change with her hooha,

slow n steady
default_smile.png

still think she could loosen behind some more... but wdik hehe

its really hard when you can feel the changes but the camera doesn't pic em up lol so frustrating lol

Sounds as though steady progress is being made.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Her udder is showing some extra filling too!

You say she seems a bit off her food. It maybe just how she is feeling right now, but can I ask what you are giving her? As with Cassie and Suzie, I would say that if you are giving her a fair bit of 'filler' food, then now is the time to get rid of that and to increase her 'concentrated' feed as she probably doesn't have much spare room in her tummy for 'large' filler feeds. Also remember that her foal is quite likely to be popping its head into Mommas feed bowl for the odd sample or two, so by the time she foals you need to have her on a suitable 'mare and foal' feed so the foal can pinch a bit with safety. If you are not feeding a 'M & F' feed already, then now is the time to start changing over.
default_yes.gif

good advice Anna
default_smile.png

Jenny I have cut Suzies food back quite a bit now n she only gets the smallest amount of chaff n mainly the breeda n speedi beat,

Anna is speadi beat alright for foals? Its obviously mixed up but I hadn't thought to ask that hehe silly me
default_wacko.png

good advice Anna
default_smile.png

Jenny I have cut Suzies food back quite a bit now n she only gets the smallest amount of chaff n mainly the breeda n speedi beat,

Anna is speadi beat alright for foals? Its obviously mixed up but I hadn't thought to ask that hehe silly me
default_wacko.png

Lyric is putting anything that fits in her mouth at the moment
default_wacko.png
I reckon speedibeet and haycube mush are some of the safest things!

default_saludando.gif
thanks for all the advice everyone i need it LOL

sweety gets 2 cups of studmaster and 3 cups of horse and weinling pellets

plus i biscuit of hay in morning then all the same at night

she also gets domite and nutrqin wich is vitaims

and carrots

is that ok and enough

default_saludando.gif
Well were on day 316

spoke to the previos owner to sweety and she said it takes sweety about 2 to 3 wks for her udders to fill.

and when she does she is hung like a cow
default_new_shocked.gif
and waxes up wich she said shes never seen in a mini
default_wacko.png

and sweetys just starting to bag up now

so by the sounds of things weve got 2 to 3 wks yet so that would make the due date 28 september

Getting closer
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah
default_aktion033.gif

default_saludando.gif
I forgot she also said sweetys hoohar will get double the size

so some good signs to look out for

OH also what do yous think of what iam feeding her

Is that ok

Iam not feeding her chaff as she will not eat it weird hay
default_no.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Food wise it sounds good to me! I always aim for food that will 'disolve' in a foals mouth/saliva if it takes a mouthful of Mommas food. No chaff and I wouldn't be feeding speed beet either (no way for a foal to chew it and some of the beet pieces are too large for a tiny mouth, can easily slip down a throat and cause a choke, plus a foal's digestion is not ready for sugar beet at this young age.

Apart from Mommas milk, grass is the natural food for a foal's system as nature intended, so always try to get your mare and new baby out on pasture as soon as you can, with safety, after foaling. Feed wise, a good quality mare and foal feed plus equally good quality soft leafy hay will see your little ones on the right track!

My mares are all fat pigs (!) so when they come in before foaling they are simply fed a balancer to boost their vitamins and minerals, plus night time hay, both of which continue for a month after foaling, plus of course daily out in the fields. I find the balancer works well for the few mouthfuls the foals might take because the pellets are tiny, so no problem for small mouths! If I was to add/feed a mare and foal feed (which I sometimes change to if I have a foal who is eating more balancer than I feel is good for it) then I would go with the pelleted form not the mix - as I said before, pellets do stand a chance of disolving in a foal's saliva, but the 'bits' in the mix would not do this.

Just my opinion folks!

default_saludando.gif
not much change and suzie any change

and me still got this bloody flu feel like crap

i just mopped the floors and it just about killed me
default_no.gif

Slow steady progress is good progress.
default_yes.gif

Hope you are feeling a bit better today Jenny.

the countdown on well and truely on
default_aktion033.gif
hope your feeling better soon
default_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back