Sweetwaters Miss Liberty

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lexischase

Reaction score
I have had my new mare Sweetwaters Miss Liberty almost 3 weeks now. I call her Dove, and just adore her! I just received her temporary registration papers in the mail which were also supposed to be accompanied by the signed transfer. I did not receive the signed transfer, and without it I know I cannot bring her permanent and put her in my name.

The back of the papers state that the last listed owners are Juan and Patsy Salazar. AMHA gave me there phone number but I cannot get in touch with them. This was a rescue type of situation and I know nothing of her past. The papers definitely belong to her, even her foal photos are on the back. I am wondering if anyone knows of this little mare? Or recognizes her and could maybe tell me about her past life, or previous owner(s)? Perhaps someone knows Juan or Patsy Salazar? It says online they are located in NC. Dove was shipped to me from PA, but no clue where she came from just prior to rescuing her.

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated!!!
default_yes.gif

DSC_0776.jpg

DSC_0699.JPG

DSC_0719 2.jpg

DSC_0787 2.JPG

DSC_0622.JPG

DSC_0801.JPG

DSC_0781.JPG

DSC_0766 copy.JPG

DSC_0757.jpg

DSC_0749.jpg

photo-24.jpg

photo-26.jpg

She so so cute!! Her eyes are so big! ;)

Sometimes if you type the previous owners name on google, you might be able to find them--like I did with my horses that I didn't have contact with the owners. It helps if you know where they're from. You can also type the name on facebook, then click 'people' and type in their location. Good luck finding them so you can get those papers signed =)

Last edited by a moderator:
No info to provide, but she is absolutely precious!
default_yes.gif

Liz N.

Thank you everyone! Called that phone number and they just hang up on me..... Probably never getting the signed transfer
default_no.gif

What a shame! Thats terrible. I emailed an old owner son of my current pony a while back wondering if they had any of her breeding info, never got a response but it said the email was accepted and I knew for sure it was the person...would it have hurt him to take 5 minutes to even tell me he had no clue lol...people are WEIRD!

I have a half arabian half qh that I purchased as a yearling from a horse trader that had bought him at an auction as a weanling. I was at a show 4 years later and had someone ask if it was a horse from so and so's barn because he looked exactly what they produced. They gave me the number and I called. I was told "my stallion doesn't throw creamellos" and she hung up on me! All I had said was I bought the horse from someone that had bought the horse at the auction. Never even said what his color was. So I know where he came from but will never see papers. Who cares he's the best horse!

That is the type of thing you face when buying from auction. People often try to sell them before resorting to selling at auction, and when they sell at auction (especially referring to the all breed and livestock type auctions)they know they won;t get much for them, so they sell without papers, to help ensure no one else will make money off of what they got next to nothing for. Sadly, "just the way it is."

The breeder mine came from dumped them at the auction if they were the "wrong color" so that they would not "tarnish" her stallion's reputation for not throwing creamellos back when creamellos were considered inferior. Joke was on her, he is a very beautiful palomino!

Did you check the paper(AMHR) to see if they signed on the back?

Also you could send them a transfer with an addressed stamped envelope and a nice letter why you need this and asking them to please sign and return and hopefully they will send it back to you.

Windhaven, I've been trying to help Lexi with getting Doves papers. I think shes planning on sending a letter to them. AMHA told her there is nothing she can do without signatures :/

Also you could send them a transfer with an addressed stamped envelope and a nice letter why you need this and asking them to please sign and return and hopefully they will send it back to you.
This is a very good idea--polite letter with sase. You have less than $1 to lose trying it. Mention you are very happy with the horse and thank them for any help. Give your phone number and email, so they can be comfortable you are legitimate. I've had success with this.

Also remember to send a self addressed and stamped return envelope, people a lot of times do not like lifting a finger to do anything but if you have it so easy to do they might......

Sorry just reread and saw this was mentioned already.

Maybe AMHA would be willing to contact the people for you and see if they would work with them on your behalf in getting the transfer.

Offer them money..lol..I bought a Quarter horse stud years ago..After having him for a while I got a call from a young lady that had a colt by him..The previous owner ( a Vet) didn't put her mare on the stallion report because she wasn't interested on getting the colt registered at that time..2 years later she changed her mind...lol..I then had the horse.The Vet and I did EVERYTHING to make sure that colt got registered even though I was 200 miles away..I think it just depends on the people..I do know people that went back to the previous owners with a little cash in hand and got signed papers..

Thanks everyone!! I thought about sending them a brief letter with a few photos as well. Maybe they will like hearing about her?? Who knows. I am REALLY hoping for the signed transfer as I told my younger sister she could take her to a show, just to have fun! I don't want to have to tell her she can't now. She is a wonderful little mare and we are lucky to have found her! She was ended up very sick after her arrival (definitely wasn't cared for properly, and who knows what she was exposed to) but is now finally feeling a bit better. I can't wait to get her out of quarantine and into our barn
default_yes.gif

If all else fails, you have a lovely PINTO, and should be able to hardship into the Pinto registry. The shows are wonderful, people are friendly, the reward structure is great.... Try http://www.pinto.org and look under registration or forms.

Also, I think you are in New England??? The New England Miniature Horse Society is having 4-H and VSE classes this year and your horse doesn't have to be registered for those. There are also mini classes at some OPEN shows in New England. Lots of possibilities if you can't get her transferred.

I'd do this too. I just don't understand some people, what's the big deal when someone asks for papers or info, the person being asked has nothing to loose.

Back