Sweetwater Miniature horse Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have been to couple of his sales in the past. It is just hard to look at the horses. Some missing eyes, some skinny as can be. The first sale a few spot app. stallion that looked about dead sold for $14. All the horse needed was his teeth floated. The guy had some super nice horses that he would sell off the farm to private buyers. The guy had some super nice bloodlines but the horses were hard to look at. We have never bought any of his horses. At the first sale we went to he talked extremely bad about Wade and Jon of Lucky Four Farms. No cameras are allowed at the sale for the simple reason of the horses were in such bad condition. I know as a fact that he was making up some of the horses sires. It was obvious that horses didn't come from some of the sires that were down on the papers. Everybody there that knew of this farm were aware that he would make up the sires. How could the man keep up with all the horses he had. I am not saying that he did it on all of them because you have to DNA them but he sold mostly yearlings and horses that haven't produced anything yet so you wouldn't know if the bloodlines were right or not. We were very afraid of carrying a illness home to all of our horses. Well thought I would let you know what the sales are like.

Wow, I had no idea
no.gif

This was something that came up on the Forum, but I can't remember when. I do know it wasn't very long ago. Oh I KNOW !! It was something to do with that group of guide animal people. Wasn't Penland involved with that also?
yes.gif

"He/She that will not be named" had advertisement on their site as Sweetwater being one of the place to purchase miniature horses from. As I mentioned in my post that page has been removed, wonder why
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
But isn't that what the DNA tests are for?
Wait til you discover the stallion on the papers is not the sire but an unregistered sire that has sired foals and been dna'd under another stallions name!!!
new_shocked.gif
You would not believe how crooked a crook can actually be! As long as it matches the picture no one ever rechecks a dna!

Unfortunately, you will come across a farm like this from time to time. There is a huge farm very much like this in my local area. I complained to all the offical people only to have my complaints fall on deaf ears.

The industry has grown so that for the protection of the little horses we all love we should have a representitive in each state to visit farms from time to time to evaluate the conditions(multiple stalllions in with mares, pull a hair from the herd sire personally..ect..) to protect the horses and the historical lineage it took years to perfect.

wacko.gif

I purchased 3 colts from Sweetwater three years ago. I bought colts because I

planned on gelding them anyway. With that many horses I didn't trust the fact

that "accidents" would happen on the papers. With geldiings it doesn't matter.

These colts had never been handled they were dragged through the sale ring and

were not in the greatest of condition. They had never been wormed and didn't

know what grain or people were. I had a 19 hour ride home with them. We did

everything possible not to stress them. We love them dearly and they have done

extremelly well for us. Auctions are not for everyone, I have been going to them

since I was 10 years old and my livlihood is with horses. We were lucky! Linda B

"As far as DNA the registry never checks even when you ask unless the do a parent qualification" LYNN THAT STATMENT IS QUITE TRUE. --------------

He had several farms with hundreds of acres and would let several stallions run with bands of mares in the same fenced pasture. -- THE SAME CAN BE SAID ABOUT MR. BOND but he did have more integrity i believe.

runamuk said:
lyn_j said:
[SIZE=14pt]He is in jail and his wife MAry is disbursing what is left of the herd. She sends them to sales in lots of 30-40 at least that is what I heard from someone who knows the man that goes and gets them.[/SIZE]Lyn

473544[/snapback]

decided to check into this and wooo doggy

local paper

naughty naughty

473996[/snapback]

Hmmm very interesting reading and well i will just leave it at that

by the way folks this is another perfect example DNA and PQ are only as honest as the person pulling the hairs. It is very easy to take a set of papers, DNA a horse you want to be with those papers and go from there to PQ foals and on and on.. while DNA is a start PQ doesnt mean as much as everyone thinks it does when dealing with those without alot of ethics and then when dealing with someone with ethics the odds are good with or without DNA and PQ you are getting what you paid for anyway

Haha, after reading the article, and seeing some of his other 'business affiliations' perhaps someone might wonder about the place in TX - 'Viva Sexy Chica'!! Maybe he owns it too?? LOL
new_shocked.gif

Latest posts

Back