Sweating

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxjag2000

Reaction score
Okay, so I have seen neck sweating do wonders for a horse, but what is actually doing to them? Sweats out excess water in that area, but anything else? Does it help burn fat? Can it lead to dehydration? I've been curious about this for a bit.

Well IMO if it truly changed body shape and burnt fat not just taking away excess water.. well wouldnt most of us wear sweats of some sort at nite all the time
smile.gif

Have you tried it to know? I tried it as an experiment summer before last--and because I wanted to be sure that I wasn't doing anything to my beloved mare that would cause her any harm. I used fleece lined wraps identical to the one I put on my mare. We both had them on every night for a month. By show time she looked great and my waist was 1.25" slimmer. I don't think it stays that way or anything so I am not gushing on about miracles...but it did work. I also made sure to drink a LOT of water. I was ground driving this girl a lot while training her to cart, so exercise was a good bit of mine I am sure. Hmmm...might should try that sometime over the winter without the extra exercise to see if the results are the same.

-Amy

PocketPoniesVA said:
By show time she looked great and my waist was 1.25" slimmer.  I don't think it stays that way or anything so I am not gushing on about miracles...but it did work.  I-Amy

479347[/snapback]

Yes that is what I meant it will work but have to do it all the time to keep it from coming back is all

Back