Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is lovely cassie
default_smile.png

I'm leaning towards black but wouldn't bet on it if that makes sense LOL. Could colour test?

I'm a bit envious, you've bred my dream mini pony!

Yeah I'm thinking ill colour test before deciding on a name, I might get suzie tested too so I know whether she is silver bay or silver black lol

So Bree are you thinking silver black? Or normal black? Lol

So confused he he

Awww thank you! He's a bit special for sure!!

Ps is he too young to colour test?

Cassie, get a close up picture of his mane -- spread the hairs and let's see if we can see what's hiding in there. If we see silver, than we'll know. If not, I'm leaning to black as well.

Aubrey -- you're a GEM!

It's really hard to part a week old colts mane and keep him still and take a picture haha

Here are some from this morning...

image.jpg

He's such a funny little thing, has a big character now lolimage.jpgimage.jpg

I'd put my money on Suzie being silver bay easily. If you did want to test you could do an agouti/black/red just to see if she can have chestnuts and such. We know she has one silver gene and you'd be very safe to say at least one black and one agouti.

Definitely think the little guy is a silver and I'm inclined to say silver black but not as sure as I could be. He isn't too young to test just be super quick plucking those hairs ;)

Well, we think he's either black or silver black....time will tell. What a cutie!

Last edited:
I have a couple of new pics of my little man for you all... and a name change hehe, I hadn't quite decided on Aubrey but I really liked it... but after getting a fair few harsh comments about it I have decided to change his name... Jett Aubrey and Pippin were our faves and we have decided to go with Pippin. What do you think?

now we just need to decide on a show name hehe

IMG_8237.JPG he met the wheelbarrow yesterday haha

pippin head.JPG

Pippin.JPG

suzie and baby.JPG

I have a video of him meeting the hose today too but I have to work out how to shorten it and rotate it hehe will be my homework for tonight.
default_smile.png

Such a cute little guy!

Pippin....huh? You know, Cassie, you should call him whatever you want. A barn name is just for you! But if you're asking opinions, Auntie Diane will call him whatever you choose but Pippin sounds a little feminine to me. But then, what do I know......
default_thud.gif

Haha that's what people were saying about Aubrey *sigh* lol thanks Diane, I'm pretty sure I'll stick to pippin we pronounce it more like pippen as in from lord of the rings
default_smile.png
we shall see lol

Either way I love this little man,

He's already starting to lose his foal fluff around his mouth lol no stay cute and baby like bubba!! Lol

When you said Pippin, I was thinking Lord of the Rings, and he's tiny like a little Hobbit, so why not. [i thought Aubrey sounded a little feminine, but what do I know. My stallion's name is Che` (shay), short for Paper Mache`, since he's about the color of a paper bag.]

Hehe thanks Chanda
default_smile.png
lol hehe

Chè what a cute name!

My brother got some really nice pictures of him yesterday
default_smile.png
hopefully he will let me put them up soon:)) there are some gorgeous ones in there ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I like pippin (pippen) and think it suits him - could even be shortened to Pip occasionally (or even "come here you little pipsqueak" for when he's being an impish little boy!!)

Love all the pics posted so far and really looking forward to seeing the ones your bro has taken.
default_yes.gif

Oh Cassie I am so excited for you!!!! I haven't been on for a while and then remembered Suzie was due, then I see this BEAUTIFUL little colt.You have waited a long time and I see everything went well, I need to get on more often, LOL

I like Pippin! but then I have a pony called Gimli and one of my mares is Varda.... and that's the start of geek names around here ;)

Latest posts

Back