Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
12.40am and she doesn't look very comfortable poor girl - lots of shifting from foot to foot plus tail lifting. Have a lie down Suz and take the weight off your legs!

Hope she waits for Diane to get back but she may not as she really looks sooooooooooo close. Perhaps she has decided to celebrate your twin friend's birthday in her own way?? Hope your tummy feels better soon, maybe it is all 'screwed' up with the excitement of the approaching birth?

I'm here until 6 AM Saturday morning when I have to leave for the long drive to classes. So, I see her standing in the stall now, quietly. She's only got about 12 more hours to go before I leave. So, if you don't do it soon, Suzie, you MUST hold out until Sunday night!!

I hope you ave a good weekend Diane and that all runs smoothly at work
default_cheekkiss.gif
default_bye-sad.gif

Suzie is waiting for her breakfast and I am looking forward to an update Cassie when you have time, I am getting excited to meet "our" new baby
default_new_multi.gif

Safe journey Diane and hurry back (safely!). I see our Suzie is waiting for her breakfast to arrive - hurry up Cassie, these pregnant ladies don't like to be kept waiting!

Dad have suzie some feed early this morning so I could have a bit of a sleep in
default_smile.png
thank you daddy!

It's raining here at the moment! Yay thank you God! But it's cold as well so I don't want to leave suzie in it, let her stretch her legs then I put her back in, she isn't happy about it though if it keeps raining I'll let her out with a rain rug on her, she hated being locked up and I hate locking her up. She is testing and looking the same this morning udder not rock hard but I think it's foaling ready... Just editing ok the ph to drop and wax she also still has pretty good tail resistance... But I know that's not always a sign

Will post pics in a bit
default_smile.png

Just tested ph again she is now testing 6.4 big change in a few hours... I don't think I'll be going out tonight unless she goes back up...

Just checked in and all I see is an open paddock! No Suzie in sight!! Maybe she's going to show us that little one before I leave in about 6-7 hours! Make up your mind Suzie. It's now or Sunday night!!!

ok, update tonight, she is back up at 6.8... and I think I know why she was acting so funny this morning, silly me I always do this, I let her out into the stable paddock which has some really rich green grass and clover. every time I let her out into clover she gets a huge udder and looks like foaling! didn't even think of it, since about 12pm she settled right down and has been grazing sleeping and doing all her normal things. Udder is still huge but a bit uneven, its hard but not rock hard still got some resistance and starting to elongate but should do more, still light pink inside, will see how she is acting while I get ready and will retest before going just in case, but I'm thinking/ hoping that I'll be right to go, my friend who's birthday it is rang me before asking how Suzie was going and whether I was able to come, she really wants me to go. lol
what do you girls think?
IMG_7648.jpg
IMG_7649.JPG
IMG_7651.jpg
IMG_7658.jpg
IMG_7659.jpg
IMG_7663.jpg
IMG_7664.jpg

she has been really quiet so far tonight...

still looks like she has a way to go in the "baby making preparation"
default_smile.png
Your busy social life is stressing me out though! I really must shoot over soon
default_xreiter.gif
and spank you
default_xbud.gif

Last check in on my way out the door.

More elongation needed and more red! Whew! Praying she'll hold until I get back. Out the door.....NOW!

Suzie resting quietly - hope you enjoyed the party Cassie and that you are still reasonably 'alert' just in case!!

Just 4 more days of holding on little Suzie....... never crossed my fingers so much in my life!

18.15 and Suzie is tucked in for the night. How is she looking tonight Cassie?

May I ask a question please? Well I'm going to ask it anyway with or without permission LOL!! Why is it so important that Suzie waits until August to foal - so many posts pleading with her to hang on? As she is well within suitable dates to have a perfectly healthy baby, I was wondering if making it to August was due to some other important date or the anniversary of something special?? Sorry if the reason for August being so important has already been covered in previous posts!

It is an Aussi thing Anna similar to our race horses. They myst be born in January but in Australia it is August due to the season difference. If the foal is born (and declared ) before it will be a year older.

Have I explained it ok Cassie?

Latest posts

Back