Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Baby still laying a bit sideways, and she still has some elongation to do. Udder still has creases in the front, so not quite her foaling udder yet, based on last year. Let us know what you find when you check her. From the back the udder looks perfect, but front "underneath" she's not quite there yet.

Hold on Suzie. I have to go to classes all weekend, and won't be back until Sunday night, so unless you go before tomorrow morning -- you better wait until I get back Sunday night!

Thanks Diane! Will let you know how she tests when I put her to be this afternoon... It's another crazy windy day here so all the kids will be fed early and get many rugs on oh except suz of course haha

Xx

What Dine said, I think you're as safe as you can be to go.... rotten evil broodmares!

And stop stressing or I'll go up there and whack you
default_xkngt.gif
Remember to chant "Broodmares are evil and put her to torment us" followed by "Suzie will do what Suzie will do when Suzie decides to do it." No stress allowed!

hehe thanks Bree
default_smile.png
I'm not as stressed now... 12 days till August... she won't make August but she is going to get closer then I was thinking so its all good
default_smile.png

she is testing between 7.2 and 7.6 so I'm going... but as I said before my brothers are home and my mum and dad will be home in an hour... I'll be home in about 6 hours... will have my phone on me and might try check in every now and then...

IMG_7353.jpg

IMG_7354.jpg

IMG_7355.jpg

IMG_7356.jpg

IMG_7361.JPG

IMG_7362.jpg

Have a great time cassie ? now Suzie let us make a plan, not tonight as Mummy is busy and not tomorrow as Aunty Diane is busy, not Monday or Tuesday as I am away for work so how about foaling Wednesday early evening??? ROFL

Can we change that to Thursday evening?
default_smile.png
) I have soccer Wednesday night hehe haven't played for the last two weeks so would really love to play!! Hehe

Standing quietly. Okay, I'm leaving, so I expect to see you here.....just as you are when I get back tomorrow night! LOL

Have a fun time Diane, has anyone heard from Anna at all?

Home again thanks friends for watching for me, suzie was such a good girl from all reports I've had love my precious girl. Udder hasn't gone up yet tonight which usually it does so will be interesting to see what it's like in the morning
default_smile.png
thanks again, sleepy time now for me. ? to you all.

Hey I'm here, but only for a moment or two until I get my own internet connected (see my update on my thread). Glad to see that Suz is behaving herself - she has to wait until at least Wednesday so that I can be back here on my 'own' connection to share in all the excitement!!

Welcome back Anna, I agree, Wednesday works for all the Aunties Suzie so be a good girl now
default_smile.png

O.K I am airport bound so Suzie, do not, I repeat DO NOT do anything until I return.
default_cheekkiss.gif
Keep taking deep breaths Cassie
default_smile.png

Suzie's udder is almost foaling ready... she is still testing just under 7.6 still tight behind with a little bit of tail resistance,
hoping she keeps holding on for us... would love for her to get as close to August as possible...
smiley.gif
taking each day as a step closer.
with the way her udder is looking she could foal anytime, but she SHOULD wax up like she did with Finn. she is also a bit lopsided tonight meaning foal isn't quite in position yet, which in my case is good. she is 301 days today, so I'm very glad she has made it this far and would love for her to keep going a bit longer
smiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Suzie.....PLEASE HOLD UNTIL WEDNESDAY......
default_please.gif

We want Aunty Anna to be here to see this precious little one arrive!!!!

Suzie was just yawning and she had a mushy poop :/ she isn't testing ready though and doesn't have any wax but I think she might need watching tonight just to make sure :/ hoping it's just the foal moving and nothing more serious happening not with Renee and Anna not able to watch ://

I have been watching and reporting on the marestare forum
default_smile.png
She has been quiet tonight for you, Cassie!
default_thumbup.gif

Standing quietly and nice and fat!! Good going, Suzie!! Keep those legs crossed!

Suzie mare this morning is back testing 7.6 so I think last night was the foal moving around, considering she has a big V this morning that explains it...

Thanks Diane and Megan for watching, and anyone else who has been watching for me
default_smile.png

I still can't get milk out of her right teat and she still has some tail resistance... udder is looking sooo ready though!
just a little more and she will be foal ready, teats are starting to fill wish my foaltime strips were here, I trust them more then the pool testing strips I'm using...

comparison to three days before she had finn

came back in from feeding them this morning, to find this little critter snuggled happily in my bed, resting his little head on my pillow
default_giveup.gif
think he stole my bed, he looked like he was very proud of himself.

9 days till the end of August... each day is another day closer! lol

Latest posts

Back