Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
she waited 3 weeks from the 19th september to foal... 20 days to be exact...

its 18 days till August today... considering she has already been sitting at this stage for a little while, I don't think she will wait 20 days for us, but I'm thinking and hoping she will get close to August...
default_pray.gif
:pray

I'll check in on him when I can, the internet is being slow tonight
default_sad.png
Poor Finnster.

Thanks Bree, was really bad before but I've given him some meds and he has just done a wee and done heaps of fluff's no poo yet but at least he is doing something and hasn't rolled in a while, was worried I would need a vet, hoping I won't but I think it will be a long night for me
default_sad.png

Suzie isn't heaps happy either, the foal was really active before so it may just be that...

one of them has done a poo... not sure which one as they did it while I was out feeding the cows... I gave them just a little bit of green grass as I thought that would be better then hay wanted to see if Finn was feeling well enough to eat. his breathing has evened out really good now, gave him some more oils will check on him in another hour again.

ok as if Finnley being sick wasn't bad enough, when I checked on him just then I checked Suzie...
default_thud.gif
she is really elongated behind and her udder has doubled in size!!
default_frusty.gif
I only gave her a few handfuls of grass thinking that wouldn't make a difference... her udder wasn't this big when I put her in tonight... hoping she isn't going to do anything and her udder will go back down... I'm concerned though...

pics when I put her in tonight...

IMG_7117.jpg IMG_7118.jpg

pics from just then, 10pm

IMG_7123.jpg IMG_7128.jpg IMG_7130.jpg

its going to be a long night for me.
default_sad.png

Diane what do you think? I thought I was doing the right thing letting them have a little grass... eek

p.s Finn is doing really really well.
default_thumbup.gif

I see you in with her now. What does she look like? Any changes?

No changes... Pink not red inside that was a wee she just did it was very scary when she was sternal then flat then sternal again... She is up now,image.jpgimage.jpg

She is definitely loosening up, but I think you've got a few days yet -- I'm hoping for a week.

She had us going last time, and then just held on and held on.

Seeing her on cam right now, baby isn't in position, so I think you're safe for right now. I'm hopeful that little one will stay a bit sideways until the time is right.

We're about half way through the month, but I'm hoping she gives you another week -- but you know things can change very quickly. I'm just hoping that she's up to her usual nonsense and making us crazy like she did last time. Her udder looks like it can take a little longer to be just "perfect" -- so we'll wait and see.

Take a deep breath......she's doing good, and we'll pray for the best!

Okay little Susie -- we want you to wait for another week, if you would!

thanks Diane you are always so good at reassuring me
default_smile.png
and thank you Renee and Megan for watching last night you girls are amazing.

I'm wondering if maybe Finn got colic due to the calves being in the paddock... maybe they didn't eat all their feed (though I let susie and finn out long after they had their breakfast)
and the ponies maybe can't handle the calf feed... Finn being the little guts he is ate more then he should and as he is very susceptible to colicing he coliced bad... Suzie might of 1had a little colic I think too as she had really really loud gut noises and wasn't wanting her hay last night she ate her dinner, then after they had both settled down I gave them the little bit of grass and Suzies udder went crazy?
Either that or she is going to foal soon LOL
Talk about stressing us out last time lol I was so worried hehe she is just making sure I have a repeat performance, right now I would love her to hold on for at least another week would love her to wait two but I don't know if she will do that.... at least a week is closer....
anyways they are in a makeshift paddock today so I can keep an eye on both of them, they can get out if they tried as I haven't electrified it, but hopefully they won't

pics from this morning...

IMG_7143.jpg

IMG_7144.JPG

IMG_7150.jpg

IMG_7151.jpg

the calves wanted to help me set up the paddock, don't know how much help they were haha

IMG_7147.JPG

and blink was helping me watch the camera lol don't know how much help he was either LOL

IMG_7152.JPG

Oh, those pictures are great, Cassie!

Susie's baby looks like it's sitting forward of center, but from viewing the cam, still seems to be riding a bit sideways, which is good news in having her hold out a little bit longer!

We'll just count on it, because I remember all the "drama" she put us through last time! LOL

Thanks Diane
default_smile.png
will have a look at her tonight and am hoping her udder will have gone down. thinking that eating the calf feed definitely caused the upset tummy for both of them! they are so naughty!! the calves has been moved out of that paddock now but there is a tiny bit of feed still in the paddock finn raced straight down there when he got out before he is so naughty! Dad has put a board over the feed and I will check on them both at lunch and let you all know.

Thanks so much for last night. and the reassurance. Suzie loves to stress us out!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Suzie tonight... They have been really quiet tonight which is great, hoping she will keep holding out... Have been praying she will your prayers would be appreciated also thanks
default_smile.png

I am leaving it up to God, whatever He decides will happen.

Thanks for watching tonight for me soo sleepy hahaimage.jpg

Posting from my phone sorry they are lopsided :/

I have a stiff neck. lol

suzie behind.jpgsuzie hooha.jpgsuzie udder.jpg

Hi Diane, did you get my email?

Looks like Suzie is ready to drive us nuts again this year. lol Her hooha looks good but udder needs some shopping and belly is still wide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Renee, I got the email, but just haven't been home long enough to answer. I'll work on it tonight!

And YES!!!! Suzie is up to her old tricks yet again!!!!

Back