Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cassie

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm a little early to start a thread for Suzie but I couldn't help it, can't wait to share this journey with you all.
Raylee Park Classic Butterscotch (aka Suzie) my taffy miniature pony mare in foal to Clanline Wade she was last bred on the 22nd September 2013 so will be 300 days on the 19th July
default_smile.png
and 320 days on the 8th August.
So excited for this foal, it will be the last foal born to Clanline Wade who has since been gelded and my second foal.
Suzie 2012.jpg suzie head 2012.jpg clanline Wade.jpg clanline wade2.jpg

she is doing great! at 270 Days, healthy fluffy and fat, foal is moving regularly though not as much as what Finn did... fingers crossed for a filly
default_smile.png

IMG_6355.JPG
IMG_6452.JPG
IMG_6456.JPG
IMG_6466.jpg
IMG_6470.JPG

she will go in the stable and under camera (on marestare) from July 19th so stay tuned for the link for that.
(p.s click on the pictures to make them bigger
default_smile.png
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay......you did the right thing and let us see our beautiful Suzie!!!!

She is looking delightfully pregnant in a B-I-G way!! Fabulous!!!

quick update on my other four legged munchkins,
Finn is doing great! he went to his first two shows about a month ago, didn't place at the first show
default_sad.png
came third out of three at the second... this is as a 2 yr old so he is going on a big break till next season when he is three and I will decide how he is looking and if I take him to more local shows
default_smile.png

I was sooooo proud of my little man! first show was our big local show with rides and massive horses etc and he didn't put a foot wrong first time out of my property (except for the vets ) and second time in a float and he was amazing! so proud of my baby.
here are some pics of him at the shows
default_smile.png

IMG_2772.JPG IMG_2821.JPG IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_5997.JPG IMG_6009.JPG IMG_6009.JPG

IMG_6054.JPG IMG_6055.JPG

at the second show we took my friends 16hh hack and he fell in love with Finn <3

IMG_6057.JPG

this is how tiny Finn was in the float behind the hack

IMG_6058.JPG

Finn still loves a belly scratch <3 IMG_5839.jpg

Suzie also went to the first show with Finn, (more companion then excepting to get anything...)
she came 2nd in her broodmare class! I was wrapped, considering she was 5 months in foal and the foal was very active she was such a good girl (the show was only 20 minutes away so I was sure she would be fine. wanted Finn to have a companion for his first show
default_smile.png
)

IMG_6058.JPG

IMG_2798.JPG

Penny is doing really well. Glad I din't put her in foal, she loves being a companion.
Smartie gave me a big scare about a month ago, he is 25 this yr, (for those who don't know Smartie is my Australia Stock horse) he got a foot absess about 6 weeks ago, fixed that up then 2 weeks later he went lame again. called the farrier back out and found out Smartie had stress foundered, I was shocked and so sad. he has always been a hard keeper and has never been overweight... so I had to cut his feed and grass right back (cut out sugar) and slowly start again, he has improved heaps now and is now allowed on the grass during the day but is still on a very low sugar diet. worried how he will get through the winter being down on condition but I'm doing everything possible to keep him happy and healthy no riding for me for a while
default_sad.png

How are you all? please feel free to comment on here and let me know how you are!
xo

IMG_2794.JPG

Thanks Diane
default_smile.png
she isn't too fat is she? she was quite fat when we put her in foal but I don't want to cut back in case the foal doesn't get nutrients...

HOORAY!! Our lovely Suzie is back (and looking wonderfully pregnant)!! I'm so looking forward to watching her and to seeing this new baby - very exciting.
default_thumbup.gif

Little Finn looks marvellous Cassie - so glad he enjoyed his showing experiences!

Sorry to hear about Smartie, but hoping that all will be well from now on - sending him ((((HUGS))))

Thanks for the updates, you know how much we love news about your special furkids.
default_yes.gif

Hehe, thanks Anna
default_smile.png
I hope Smartie is on the mend too, Suzie is very happy to be back... she said just for starting this thread I have to give her 10 more scratches on both sides of her tummy...
default_hypocrite.gif
shouldn't have told her about the new thread
default_thud.gif
lol

won't it be so different having due dates to go off hehe, instead of the 4 month wait we had with Finn lol remember my little man when he was first born? <3 soo tiny!

finn2011.jpg finn20111.jpg

Ah.....our boy FInn! He's looking so grown up now, but I remember these pictures of him....so tiny! He's grown up very nicely!

And no, I like seeing these "wide-load" mommas. She's looking fine, and I know she's getting her exercise, so all is moving ahead nicely.

I can't wait to see this little one she's cooking for "all" of us!

Thank you Diane
default_smile.png
Heidi's Cameron and Finn were our first two babies for our thread
default_smile.png

I don't know if I'm overreacting, but does Suzie look like she has started bagging up? :/
default_ohnoes.jpg

this was her in May IMG_6069.JPG and this is her today... IMG_6502.jpg
do you think its ok? or should I be worried?

its really unseasonably hot and humid here today the ponies in their winter coat are so hot, there are storms around too and poor Suz is really looking massive and uncomfortable, I braided her thick mane and gave her lots of scratches and that made her feel better.

IMG_6512.JPG IMG_6513.jpg IMG_6517.JPG

Cassie as a mare who has already had a foal, (plus the weight that she is carrying!!) put together with the 300 day date of mid July, it is perfectly possible (and normal) for Suzie to start showing udder development. After her "long" last pregnancy (!!) we dont really know whether she is a mare who foals near to a 300 day due date or one who carries to 340+? But no need to panic as she may be a mare who takes nearer to 6 weeks to produce a full udder against one who only takes 4 weeks. She's looking great and progressing exactly like she should so all is well and very soon we can all start getting really excited!!

Thanks Anna
default_cheekkiss.gif
you are such an amazing supportive friend
default_smile.png
though I'm pretty sure you just called Suzie Fat!
default_thud.gif
(block your ears Suz
default_whistling.gif
)
I since decided to have a look back at when she was pregnant with Finn and I think she might have started 6 weeks before she had finn, as well which means its perfectly normal for her
default_smile.png
she had Finn on the 9th October. this was her udder april, normal (sorry for the bad pics)
this was her udder in april 2011 udder290411.jpg

then 29th August 019.JPG starting of udder growth

and then on the 1st September u5.jpg fair amount of growth.

so considering she will be 320 days on the 8th August and she has started something on the 20th I'd say thats pretty normal for her, and very exciting for us! just hoping the camera comes soon so that we can start watching her
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Totally agree with Anna. And I'll call her "pleasantly plump" if it will make her feel better!

If she's really warm, you could clip her neck and chest and a couple of long strokes under that "pleasantly plump" tummy, and that should help her cool down a bit.

Love waiting on this little one!

Thanks Diane, I'll leave her at the moment as we are still early into winter and we haven't really had a cold spell as yet. she will need her winter woollies once bubba's warm and I can't rug her
default_smile.png
just a very unseasonable day today she was much happier after some rain and a good brush and dinner after hehe. will let you all know of any progress and once my cameras arrive, I'll have to see if I can convince Renee to join us for the wait of Suzie's baby...
default_smile.png

I am excited for you, Cassie! Can't wait to watch your Suzie, again! And can't wait to see that baby she is cooking
default_smile.png
default_thumbup.gif

Oh Cassie I am so looking forward to your new little one. I have a mare who foals during the winter and she always gets hot too. I usually do a tummy clip and helps so much. She will stand and sweat in her stall at 40 degrees if I dont, Makes it difficult for sure.

I also agree, no need to worry about her udder, just keep an eye out in case it develops very quickly and you are sure she isnt due sooner. ( just saying because I am on high alert right now because of Indy) I think she looks great and right on track. Looking forward to watching her progress!

Thanks girls for your encouragement ??

Hi Megan!!!! How are your ponies doing?

Will let you all know how she goes
default_smile.png

Ps should I tummy clip her?

Well, Megan! Welcome back! Have you been lurking out there and not letting us know you're there??

Please share some updated pictures of your little ones -- we miss them!

Hi Cassie and Diane! I have been checking in from time to time reading up a bit on the board
default_smile.png

My babies are doing great. I will have to take some pics, you won't believe how big Tinkerbelle is, and how good Ricky is looking
default_smile.png

We are actually selling our house right now, and moved into a rental to make the showing/selling process easier. We were boarding our minis with the breeders and they offered to rent one of the houses on the farm to us while we sold our house. (They are awesome people!) So Ricky, Laney and Tink are right across the fields from us
default_thumbup.gif

I need to get out and work with them much more often now that we are here. There is a horse show arena right down the road we can take them to when they are ready.

Miss Laney will be bred back to Tink's sire probably during her next heat, so she will be having a 2015 foal
default_laugh.png

I hope you all are doing good
default_wub.png
Missed you ladies so much!

Latest posts

Back