Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok new piccies for you all
default_smile.png
he is losing so much foal fluff on his head now *sigh* hehe still sooo cute!

10339544_10153065960324027_4612473389453584510_n.jpg

10430399_10153065960229027_6917885427464124349_n.jpg

10592813_10153065960614027_1378232779126670677_n.jpg

10606451_10153065960399027_3017918305266490169_n.jpg

and mum and baby were having fun running around this afternoon...
default_smile.png
hope he gets Suzie's movement!!

suzie n pippin.jpg

suzie pippin 2.jpg

suzie pippin 3.jpg

now for some show name ideas... would love your opinions please
default_smile.png

Classic K Silver Eclipse

Classic K Dare to Dream

Classic K limited Edition

Classic K Silver Royale

Classic K Silver Renaissance

Classic K Silver Legacy

Classic K Prince Charming

Classic K Quest For Silver

Classic K Silver Sensation

hope you are all well.

I just love those pics Cassie - look at Suzie go, she really can move cant she! And as for Mr Cuteness himself, well what can I say - he's just adorable. Keep the pictures coming.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't use a name with silver in it until you are 100% sure..... or the ironic overpower will be forced to strike ;)

I also know LOTS of Prince Charmings so I think he needs something even more special
default_smile.png

What about something from Lord of the Rings?

Lol yeah I just have to get 30 pieces of hair hehe

I'm up for suggestions lol

Question... Is it normal for foals to stomp their back legs and swish their tails? He seems to do it a fair bit but tonight seems a little more restless?

Is this ok? Or should I be worried? I guess I'm just over cautious because of Finns problems he had and cos I love him so much I would HATE for something to happen to him ?

what an absolute snuggle bunny he is. The pictures are fabulous! Sorry I've been off the grid, but on vacation with all my kids, with no computer. Stealing a minute to check on everyone! Hug that little one for Auntie Diane!

I was wondering where you had disappeared off to Diane hehe, he is doing so well! Got some new pics today he is 2 weeks old! ? so in love with him, can't get over his head and how upright he is.

so, guess what!! Pippin is a month old!!
default_thud.gif
crazy right! to say I love this kid is an understatement! he is such a treasure, so lovely to be with and just so beautiful!
I have had some really lovely comments on him on Facebook, and hope to get him out to a few shows as a yearling to see if the show circuit likes him as much as we do hehe
there is a show that have a mare and foal class I could take him and Suzie to in October, but I don't know if I'll take them, he will only be two months old and its an hour drive to get to the show... would hate for anything to happen to my beautiful little man! thought I was overdue for some pics and new I'd get in trouble if I updated without any lol

he still doesn't have a show name and I still haven't plucked his hairs for the colour test... I don't want to hurt my baby I feel so mean when I do it haha
firstly, on the night of his birth we had the most amazing sunset! I'm not photographer but here is one of the pics I got ;)

IMG_2921.JPG

now for the little monkey

IMG_3022.JPG

IMG_3044.JPG IMG_3064.JPG IMG_3073.JPG

random cool moo cow pic I took hehe

IMG_3084.JPG

more Pippin

IMG_8604.jpgIMG_8741.JPGIMG_8836.JPG

What a lovely little man.

And BOY were you right. If we didn't get an update here with pictures, I was going to jump on the jet to do some disciplining.....and it wouldn't be on the little man!!!

What a beautiful sunset!! Lovely picture, and I love all the pictures of the little fluff ball -- and the moo.

Thank you both! :D

hehe Dianne, you're funny

first halter lesson last night he was such a good boy! he just loves snuggles and scratches and cuddles and kisses... such a good bubba! <3

Oh Cassie he is coming along just perfectly - I love it when they start getting their 'goggles' as their coats change - soooooooooooo cute!!

That's a beautiful sunset picture - and a very handsome looking Moo - how are the moos doing this year?

Hi Ladies, I have received a message from Cassie that little Pippin isn't well so please join me in prayer. He is on pain meds and antibiotics as the vet fears joint ill.

Sending hugs Cassie

Praying hard. I hope she comes and lets us know what's going on with him, but in the mean time....
default_pray.gif
:pray
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

For some reason Cassie was having problems getting on Lil B and she wanted you all to know Diane. We all know what the powers of joint prayer can do so lets pray. The vet is coming back tomorrow so I will keep you updated.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Do you know what the problem is? And certainly, you KNOW I'm praying for that special little one!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

ok so Pippin has a huge abscess in his foot which vet is treating. I will post pics later.

Hi ladies, thanks so much Renee for posting for me. We took little pippin to the vets today for X-rays after his second day of 39.0 temps and his leg getting worse. He has a massive absess! The puss that came out of it was incredible. We couldn't get it all out because his hoof is so tiny we dug away as much as we could without affecting the wall.

He is still on antibiotic injections twice a day and pain relief once a day our main concern is making sure it doesn't reach the navicular bone... Bad news if it does I have to change bandages daily and wash with Epsom salts and iodine praying he will start improving now we have punctured the absess and it's draining well... I'll put some pics up of his X-rays they're pretty cool!

Hehe thanks Renee, I managed to get on my phone finally! Love you muchly ??

Before we cleaned the absess

image.jpg

After we cleaned the absess

image.jpg

Fair amount of difference

image.jpg I think this one was before as well...

He was such a good boy! I couldn't have been prouder of him! I was so glad I had started halter training him already he was leading great and I had a lead around him and he sated perfect for the X-rays everybody loved him and couldn't get over how sweet he is and his head! Everyone loves his head ?

Pray that he keeps getting better he is so special to me

Question, farrier is meant to come out tomorrow suzie is desperate to have her feet trimmed and I wanted him to do Pippins back feet as well do you think it's ok for me to get him to do it? Or should I leave it till he is better?

Thank you so much for the prayers and please keep them coming!

I worked out that pippin is 3 days younger then Finn was when we almost lost him. What's with my

Babies getting sick?!! ? I care so much for them both!

Oh and I forgot the cutie pic of my baby sleeping after his massive day!

Been waking at 1am to check his temp and make sure he's ok tonight I'm going to have a lovely hot bubble bath and relax for a while! ?image.jpg

Back