Suzie's foaling thread COLT! 1st August 2014 new pics added <3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have explained it great Renee! :D so if she has the foal before August and I register the foal at the actual date the foal was born it will be classed as a yearling and at an unfair disadvantage in the show ring. some people are fine with pretending that their foal was born august 1 and I will do so IF I have to, but as I don't like not being honest I would prefer her to wait... lol but its the 27th now so I would only have to wait a few days, I'm fine for her to foal whenever now, but if she held on till august it would make me very happy hehe. she is still early but is perfectly fine for her to foal now
default_smile.png

udder was foaling ready this morning besides PH and wax. has gone down a tiny bit tonight, was testing 6.8 this morning and is just under tonight... not quite 6.8 not quite 6.4 so I think that this will be the start of the homeward decrease now... I don't think she will go back up now.

will check on her shortly but won't test unless at 12pm we think she needs it? for example if she is really restless or looking labourish (if thats a word lol )

pics from tonight. also pic of udder this morning.

udder this morning.IMG_7679.JPG

tonight.

IMG_7685.jpg

IMG_7686.jpg

IMG_7687.jpg

IMG_7690.jpg

IMG_7691.JPG

IMG_7693.jpg

p.s sorry girls I should have let you know what I've been doing I sleep for 2 hours then wake up and check the camera, and you're updates if she is looking restless or has been looking restless with what you girls have been saying I go out and check her but if she is quiet I sleep for another two hours hehe.

about to go and check on her now, will let you know of any updates. don't think I'll test again tonight unless her udder has changed or she is looking restless during the night. otherwise will test in the morning.
default_smile.png

Ok, details, please. I don't view the videos. Congrats! can't wait to see dry, unfolded pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
OH WOW!! I knew I'd miss it - well done Renee for being on the ball!! Do we know what it is yet? Cam wont work for me so cant even view the new arrival. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Oh dear Diane will be cross, but at least she will be thriiled that we have the little one safely on the ground.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for your explanation re the 1st August Renee, must admit that reason never occurred to me.

Hope all is well with Suz and her bubs, I dont like it when cams wont work. Hope Cassie will post all the details and the progress very soon.

MANY CONGRATS CASSIE AND SUZIE!
default_firstprize.gif

I can't believe I missed it
default_sad.png
I've been staying up till 1am these past few days and then checking as soon as I get up grrrrr I knew I'd miss it lol

Wow congratulations Cassie how adorable
default_smile.png
can't wait to see some pics !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cam working for me again now - dont know what happened earlier. What a super cute little bubby! I'm sure you will all agree with me about how wonderful Suzie is - so easy going with her new child, so happy to have Cassie sitting in there with her, totally confident that her new baby is in safe hands and will come to no harm. The relationship you have with your special girl is really quite unique Cassie - she loves and trusts you completely, it's a pleasure to see.
default_yes.gif

LOL!! Typical Suzie - looking for her breakfast or telling Cassie that now that she has 'done her bit', it is surely time for her normal out time!!

Cassie, please dont worry if baby doesn't look for the milk bar for several hours - it's quite normal and is really a bit soon after the birth to be feeling hungry yet. Time will soon sort the drinking out!
default_yes.gif

OK I have permission from Cassie to spill the beans. Suzie had a colt and he is adorable. Like all little boys he is a bit slow.
default_smile.png
Cassie is just helping him find his way as he was a bit sleepy. He was born 2 hours ago so it is time to wake up. Anna as soon as he has a sucking instinct Cassie will step out.

photo.JPG

I had a look last night about 9 before I went to bed and she was standing there like she really just wanted to be outside......

A BiG congratulations to you both
default_thumbup.gif

Sneaky Suzie , Ill know better next time
default_smile.png

Awwwww, and I just missed it! But then, "I don't see anything.....and won't until August 1st!!!"

Congratulations on your August 1st baby!!!! So glad he'll have a safe arrival!!

Latest posts

Back