Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No I haven't Anna but I went out to clean and feed the chips and then walk the dog.

No I just looked
no.gif

What a surprise this morning when I checked in on Suzie, as I do first thing every morning, and there was a little baby !!! I've been lurking this board for a little while now, back when Tease had her baby. I wonder how many more eyes are watching these minis but don't post much ?

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS Cassie and Suzie ! Connor Roo is so cute ! Best of luck to you !

Stacy
I'm a big lurker too but check in on the mares a lot. I just knew she was gonna foal overnight but couldnt stay up to watch.

Marsha

Wow Suzie that figure is coming back fast girl..your looking very slim from this view now
default_thumbup.gif

Yaaaaayyyy SUZIE!!!!!

I need pictures though
default_smile.png
i'm at work so only have my phone to check on things. I can't see the new baby and I am just dying waiting til I can get home.

Congrats on your new little one cassie!

Suzie is teaching her baby how to what for mummy Cassie
wub.gif
They are kissed by the sunshine. hey that isn't a bad name

Kissed by Sunshine AKA Sunny or Kiss
biggrin.gif

I can't wait til they post the replay. He is just the cutest thing. I saw him running circles around his momma. Just adorable.
wub.gif

And HEY to all you lurkers!!

saludando.gif
I am off to bed now. Have a good day Suzie baby and Cassie
saludando.gif

Don't forget the pics
wub.gif

Well I finished my chores and had to come peek at the little one and Suzie again. Fiesty little one that he is!! Welcome to all the lurkers
default_saludando.gif
Cassie you must be over joyed...I know I am, and he's not even mine!! LOL
default_wub.png

finally you can tell your brother I TOLD YOU SO !!! Wasnt he the one that would always joke that she wasnt even preggo.

I like the name.... Tak'in My Thyme!

Oh Renee I like it
default_smile.png

Ok question for you ladies... Lol yes I still have more hehe he is walking with his back legs, fetlOcks on the ground bearing weight sorry if that doesnt make sense... So should i leave him inside for today atleast so they straighten out???

Thanks again will take some piccies when I go to feed

Anna suzie is eating
default_smile.png
the hay that I had left her n the mash at 12 were all gone when I checked on them at 3 so I gave her more of both... Hope that's all good ;)

Cassie, you will get many different answers to your question about letting Suz and bubs out today. Everyone is different in what they think and do and no-one is wrong!

For my part I believe that if a mare is used to going out and having grass, then it is very important for her digestive system that she continues this, also for her mental happiness and relaxation. Your little fella's back legs will come to no harm from being outside, but to make it easier for him perhaps the best would be say 1 hour in the morning and 1 in the afternoon. If the weather is nice and the ground is dry and you see him laying down and taking frequent rests of his own accord, then he could be left a little longer in the afternoon. The more he can use and walk around on his legs the quicker they will gain strength and 'come up' and Suzie needs her grass, to have a roll and to take her normal exercise. Keeping her stabled, even for 24 hours, may well make her set off at speed tomorrow - not good for small boy on his first time out - and she may be more reluctant to be caught to come in, you know how she likes her out time. Can you put her in a field that does not have Penny and Smartie next door - she will not want them near her foal and if he wanders over near the fence, she might injure him on her rush to 'see off' the others.

Just the way I would do it if they were mine.
default_yes.gif

Sorry forgot to say that if the day is bright and there is not a cold wind, then I would take his rug off for the short time he's outside. Give him the freedom to move around properly without something tight round his shoulders. While they are out, pop in to clean the stable and pile loads of straw in there, so that when he comes in and sinks to the floor for a good sleep, he will be warm and snuggly in the straw - save your rug for the nights when it is colder. (of course the temperature/rugging thing will be up to you as you are the one there!)

Plus of course we can get pictures - loads of them - of him scampering about outside!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

Thanks girls
default_smile.png
I love him so much he has the tiniest little muzzle ever!!! It's a bit cold still this morning so I'm gonna leave the rug on him till it warms up... I might try n let them out for a little bit before going to work... It's overcast here so it might be gonna rain... My youngest bro likes the name Riley
default_smile.png

trying to keep my eyes open to see the pictures before i turn in..
default_birthday.gif
little man welcome and to the world ..your a lucky lilltle boy being born into such a loving family.. good night.. God Bless you all

cassie they posted the replay of suzie birthing page 171

foaling alerts and updates
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
cassie you did a great job with suzie and the baby!! did you read all the names ?

wow so many good names
default_yes.gif

give that baby a kiss for being so cute
default_cheekkiss.gif

and make it from all who care about him!

Latest posts

Back