Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm I didn't think of that Matt. That is probably it. The OP did not know when the mare was due though and she does look to be getting very close right now so a little sad it had to be moved right now. I was hoping this new thread where everyone has been very good about keeping it about Suzie would stay on the main forum. I just don't come to the back porch enough-i forget to check on her. Oh well, I am getting better!
default_smile.png

hi all I heard back from MaryLou who is a very lovely lady!
default_smile.png

I am not going to post what she wrote on here as the person responsible I think has been viewing this and I don't know if I should put the email on publicly but send me a pm and I will share it with you lovely commited people.

I have thought of a solution but have yet to check with Marylou will let you all know how I go with that...

have taken pics Julia
default_smile.png
they aren't very good though sorry as my head pounds when I bend over LOL

I am at home for the day, as I have no voice LOL a little hard to serve customers with no voice so I have brought work home with me... right now I can't get up to get my camera cord cos I have a sleeping puppy on my lap LOL but I will put the pics up when he wakes up "never wake a sleeping dog" LOL

I'm so excited about the progress Suzie has had with her udder overnight :D will share with you all shortly...

Megan I got your PM so will reply to that...

Thankyou all for supporting me n Suzie through this
default_smile.png

default_whistling.gif
wake up little puppy
impatient.jpg
i want to see suzie's pic's
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
cassie the puppy can rest i'll wait
default_smile.png

cassie did every one just pm you about suzie
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
suzie is pushing her yellow pail around
default_smile.png

you can tell she is eating for 2
default_eat.gif

she just loves to eat and is so cute
default_wub.png
looking for more food

2:00pm cam time

risa8.gif
this is getting so exciting
risa8.gif
Not long now, Cassie you should test her milk twice a day now, don't forget to ring your vet to tell him to sleep with his boots on, tell him if you would like her to have any pain meds after the birth so he comes prepared (remember to say no bute) I always buy loads of Vaseline oil too just in case the vet runs out (it has happened) check your foaling box doesn't have any 4 legged friends living in it (it was prepared several months ago)
shutup.gif
keep your phone/ camera charged and on you at ALL times.

O.K I will take a deep breath and calmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm down

new_multi.gif
I am so excited
new_multi.gif

It's turning into quite the foaling race!! Oh I hope so, I need that filly fairy very tied up so I get my colt!
default_new_rofl.gif

lol Bree you are too funny! LOL

Suzie is in for the night and she is still testing just a little bit under the 6.8 mark, not quite 6.4 I got her in just before it started raining... she was more then happy to come in tonight silly girl, she has been charging at Smartie all afternoon (across the fence of course) ears back n even put her ears back at me when I stopped giving her scratches funny little kid... I'm thinking she looks less wide, but I'm not sure, saw the foal move a tiny bit for the first time since getting back, so guessing there isn't as much room in there now for it...

if she copies her two previous foalings, she should seperate more with the nipples and should get the wax... will be watching her very closely just in case...

no creepy crawlies in my foaling kit Renee
default_smile.png
the video camera is in there, Dad has taken my small camera with him to the bathurst car races but I have mum's good one, so I will check it is all charged up n ready
default_smile.png

• got plenty of fresh towels... ivermectin for Suzie... a fleet enema JUST IN CASE, don't really wanna give it unless I have to... Lubericant from the vets hehe definite bonuses from working at a vet clinic syringes... trying to think what else but my brain is a bit fuzzy, foaling booksa foal rug in case she does foal in the horrid cold weather, hoping it clears up though... oh n my foaling signs so you know if its a filly or a colt.
oh a stupid question, how do you breeders usually tell... do fillies have little nipples? I'm guessing a colt will have a willy LOL or do you check for the two holes or one hole under the tail?

sorry just thought about that then hehe

Yes Cassie little boys have a willy
new_rofl.gif
new_rofl.gif
were you sleepy in class the day you did that
new_rofl.gif

No joking aside I just find it easier to lift the tail and count the holes.

Suzie still looks wide to me
unsure.gif

Fillies have two holes under the tail, colts one. Easiest way to check
default_yes.gif

Lol ok I know it was a silly question I just wanted to check lol hmm Renee your right looking at her on the camera she still seems wide hmmm oh well lol

1857272.gif
Yes well I am sure whoever has complained, must be VERY FULFILLED.

Get a life and move on
shutup.gif

Latest posts

Back