Suzie had a gorgeous little colt

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't checked the poops in the paddock will do that now, as soon as I let her in she did a real small wee... she has been really miserable, and has had her ears back for most of the day, definitley not normal for her, didn't want scratches from Penny, just stood ears back head down,

she has definite wax on both nipples tonight almost an inch long!!
default_laugh.png
should I break it off to test her milk or leave it? and I was thinking I should clean her teats and hooha is this a good idea??
default_rolleyes.gif
here come the questions LOL

oh n for the mash after is breeda and speedi beat stirred into a mash ok? and I should give her small amounts frequently during the day?? LOL sorry

Its ok to knock the wax off Cassie. It doesnt serve any real purpose other than the plug the teats, but it generally reappears pretty quick any way
default_smile.png

Yes, a wipe down with a warm damp cloth wont go astray. Dont use anything but warm water though, dont want any nasty tastes for bub on the udder, or anything getting inside Suzie.

Breeda and Speedibeet will be fine for the mash. Nice and wet
default_smile.png

At last!! Just had to read through 4 pages of excitement to get here - the pages were appearing as fast as I could read. LOL!!

Looks as though you have wax Cassie
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
Also suggest you have a section or two of clean straw tucked away in the corner of Suzie's stable, then you can grab it after baby is born and just pop it down on any 'wet' patches so you dont have to go in and out of the stable while letting Suz and bub do their bonding?

Have you told your vet to be on standby - think it was Renee who said to tell him/her to sleep with his boots on. LOL!!

So we are all systems go........we're ready Suzie, so anytime now will be fine!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png

Off to do the feeding rounds and cleaning out but Suzie will up up here and there are strick orders to shout if shes looking like shes starting to get restless..be back soon to see the new photos you just took
default_saludando.gif

I have sent the boys off on their bikes so I am ready. Lol anna did you buy the popcorn?

udder warm and hard and VERY full, Suzie not really wanting her dinner

very relaxed and red behind...

milk test...... 6.0!!!!!!!!!!!! baby is coming!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY

just charging the camera so we don't have flat batteries, she is all cleaned up with fresh bedding, good idea Anna with the straw in a corner, I have it just outside the stable but I will bring it in
default_yes.gif

any other advice for a new mum???!!
default_laugh.png

Call the vet and tell him to be ready, perhaps give your neighbours a call too in case you need extra help before vet arrives.

I am so excited for you.

hehe had to take record of it in case I breed her again
default_yes.gif

oh vet has been rung, wasn't my normal vet but oh well, he knows... hopefully we won't be needing him anyway!!
default_wink.png

lol Sandy has already said she will be over here with her pj's on the minute I ring her
default_wink.png
trying to get my best friend Rebekah to stay over, but she has exams tomorrow, so I gotta see she might not be able to...

You will be fine
default_yes.gif
just sit back n watch Suzie do all the hard work and dont forget to enjoy it as its all over before you know it
default_aktion033.gif
so exciting
default_aktion033.gif
great pictures

I see Suzie chatting to her baby tummy
default_yes.gif
its coming soon
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Rebekah is coming
default_biggrin.png
everything is ready
default_wink.png
only prob Daddy isn't here to see her have her baby... he went to the bathurst racing and will be back tomorrow at lunch time
default_no.gif
at least I have Jason across the road if I have any probs and he has delivered many foals before
default_yes.gif

Cassie, i am so excited for you. This has been the most long awaited foal i know of!!

I assume you have your foaling kit there and ready? And plenty of towels? Seen its still cold at night, try to get the baby as dry as you can, and then you can step back and watch them bond
default_smile.png

Im sure Suzie will show you what its all about seen she's an old pro at this
default_yes.gif

Thanks Renee!!! Yep foaling kit lots of towels n foal rug are ready n waiting
default_smile.png
It's not too cold here yet but it will get cold later...

It's very exciting n you girls have been here through it all for me!! I can't thank you enough!!!

Best hints?

Remember to breath!
default_new_rofl.gif

Most of the time these girls know what they are doing
default_wink.png

Also somthing I noticed with Twinky last year was she was uncomfortable with letting Derby drink until I backed off so once you've checked that everything is ok remember to step back and give them their space.

And be prepared to kick friends/family out at any time. During or after the birth! Word them up to know that Suzie may need her space and if you say to go they have to without getting offended.

Back