Susan Boyle didn't win

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppyLover2

Reaction score
I'm totally stunned that she came in second. I thought she was totally awesome. That must have been one heck of a dance troup.

I'm totally stunned that she came in second. I thought she was totally awesome. That must have been one heck of a dance troup.
I read yesterday where she won. Then today I read she came in second to that dance troop!
default_new_shocked.gif
I have to agree! That must have been one heck of an act. I have to go see this! One thing for sure......you certainly can not "hear" a dance troop on the radio/CD. And I don't think it will matter for Susan Boyle. She's an incredible singer and her talent will outlast the winners.....again my opinion
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
She was VERY gracious in defeat. It's easy to see she's already looking to the future, and knew that being 1st nor 2nd wouldn't matter to her in the long run. I think she was still just thrilled to even have gotten as far as she did.

I adore her. She's so humble and her singing is so effortless, it just comes out so beautifully. She should have won.

We have been watching this entire show, from day ONE........

Every single performance who made the Finals was QUALITY!!! And I suspect that every one will do just fine with a future entertainment contract. You just watch and see.
default_wink.png
In my opinion, this has been the BEST .........with just SO MANY excellent performers!

Personally, I was surprised that it didn't come down to Susan Boyle and Shawn Smith......The two top dance groups were Diversity (who won) and Flawless were outstanding.......I also thought Julian (the sax player), Holly Steele, Shahneen, and Aiden the dancer were excellent!!! How can anyone choose????

I'm beginning to think they should do a separate Show for KIDS!!! Good Grief! There are so many youngsters with talent!!!

One thing for sure......you certainly can not "hear" a dance troop on the radio/CD. And I don't think it will matter for Susan Boyle. She's an incredible singer and her talent will outlast the winners.....again my opinion
default_smile.png

I agree with you, Carol. I think Susan Boyle will have as brilliant a singing career as she could ever want!

I was surprised to hear that a dance troupe won the competition, so I went on YouTube to watch Diversity's winning performance. It was indeed spectacular, but it was rather like comparing apples and oranges. Both Susan Boyle and Diversity are incredibly talented, but so vastly different! How can anyone say one is better than the other? What was the basis for comparison, or the criteria for judging? Wouldn't it make sense to divide the competition into divisions, ie. youth and adult, singing, dancing, or whatever....

I also think it was rather like American Idol. "Everyone" was SURE that Adam Lambert was going to win, but he was second. And "everyone" was also SURE that Susan Boyle would win and she, too, was second. I wonder if the powers that be think that if the heavy favourite wins, that people might lose interest in the shows. Having the "dark horse" win definitely adds some drama.

I'm looking forward to hearing Susan Boyle on the radio, and Diversity...... um..... whatever.

you certainly can not "hear" a dance troop on the radio/CD

While it is obious that Susan boyle is really talented...

I dont see her on radio like apparently everyone else in this world does. I think she will be great as opera/theater but who really listens to that in the car?

And if she was a hot 20 year old with that voice susan boyle wouldent even be news.

And I thought that the dance crew that won was AMAZING!
default_yes.gif
They will be totally huge like the Jabawokeez (The Jabawokkeez are a dance crew that won Americas best dance crew, and they have been in tons of music videos and have even toured just for there dancing.)

default_whistling.gif

Hey MA, how were you able to watch the show?

BTW, give Larry a hug from me.
default_saludando.gif

Jody,

We were logging into the Britain's Got Talent Website daily..... They have links to videos of all the acts. They now also have links to videos of interviews with the judges........

Plus, if you google "Britains Got Talent Semi-Finals, Finals, etc...... You'll get all sorts of other video sources. Eventually most of it will be up on U-Tube.

Larry says
default_saludando.gif
back atchya
default_biggrin.png
I'm afraid he doesn't come on L.B. much anymore.

i havent been watching but, she was taken away by a doctor at the end of the show for exhaustion,

and booked into a private hospital for restbite,

In my opinion, placing second was probably the best possible outcome for her. In that respect, I think she did win. Less pressure, less hate. She handled the craziness pretty well and didn't quit.

Now she can focus on a new career. Besides, she "lost" to a group act... talk about comparing apples and oranges. It wasn't a singing competition, but a talent show.

Daryl

She lost points with many in Europe when she had a "melt down" and yelled, using some not so nice language. She did very well and I'm sure will have a grand future. I watched when they were getting ready to announce the winner and I thought she was going to have a stroke on stage waiting. Poor thing was so stressed she had to restart her song at the finalies. I really think it was the best thing for her health, not to take anything away from the dance troop.

Robin

Back