Surgery today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wade3504

Reaction score
I went for my first Mohs surgery today on my scalp. Quite a bit of hair was removed, not sure how much yet as I can't see it but it was quite a bit. They had me take Valium about an hour before the procedure and it helped quite a bit but wore off about halfway through so I started shaking really badly again. At least this time it was just mylegs shaking and not my whole body. I think I was afraid of moving my upper body for fear that the doctor would cut me in the wrong place accidentally if I started shaking up there. It took two times of him going back in and cutting then a third to go back in and have everything closed up somewhat. He can't close the whole thing as it is large and he said he'd have to move areas of skin around which would then mess up future ones that had to be removed so it will take alot longer for it to heal. He did sutures on the inside and outside. I should get them out in 12 days. The same day that I have surgery number 3 and he gave me codeine as he said I'd have a massive headache later on. I took one and it has dulled the pain but it's still there. Next week they start on my eye. I asked if I'd be bandaged with that like I am with the head and he said I'd have the same type pressure bandage that my head does. I asked what we could do about it as I can't see out of my right eye and he said they'd try to make it as small as possible. I have 3 surgeries around my left eye through the month of September then I don't know where they are going from there. I am guessing behind my ears as there is a pretty big one behind my right ear buy he says it's not as big as the one today at least on the surface. He said the one I had done today was most likely my biggest. He is also going to find out about another medication that I can take orally to slow down the growth of the ones I have and to slow down the growth of new ones that will come up but he has to check with my transplant doctors. Everyone in the office was very nice. They actually treat you like people in there and even the people out in the waiting room like my mom who was my driver. So, my head will stay wrapped for 48 hours and then it can come off. I have bandages under my chin and around my head to hold the pressure bandage in place. I tried sleeping this afternoon but since I have to sleep in an inclined position it isn't working well. I have to do that for 48 hours as well.

So, I am not getting a wig yet but once I have several patchy almost bald spots in multiple spots on my head I just might until it grows back. My friend cut my long hair yesterday to keep my hair from bothering the spots that had been done on my back and I should have just told her to shave it all off now I can't as I have to be very careful with what I do with my hair as far as brushing, washing, etc. Maybe once I get these stitches out and before they start my ears I will as that way all the hair can grow back together. I will keep you guys updated on how it goes from here.

Amanda

Wow!
default_sad.png
I'm so sorry for all that you're going through. {{{{{{{Amanda}}}}}}}

I admire how strong you are. Hang in there!

Oh WOW, I'm so sorry you're going through this (((HUGS))) You're attitude should be a lesson in strength for us all to follow
default_yes.gif

default_smile.png

As other's have said, your attitude is amazing!
default_aktion033.gif
That will help you immensely during this process.

Glad the first one is out of the way. It's certainly not going to be fun, but it's necessary and I'm glad you're getting them taken care of.

Hugs to you!
default_wub.png

I've managed to keep a good attitude through all my health problems as I figure a bad one isn't going to help. That and the nurses and doctors seem much nicer when you have one, lol. I had nurses argue over who was going to get me o their shifts when I was in the hospital in the past as I was so easy. Lately though it seems to be getting harder with some other health complication always coming up but I keep going. I am happy to know though that this one was probably the worst one and it's now over.

Latest posts

Back