Surgery on my old stallion

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HGFarm

Reaction score
Yesterday morning I hauled my old boy, Grays Smoke Signal, down to the vets for surgery to remove his right eye due to a cancerous growth. I stayed right with him from beginning to end- surgery and all. All went well with my beautiful 22 1/2 year old boy.

He is doing very well- hates getting his meds and is not liking being confined in a smaller pen right now. He was VERY glad to get home and back to his girls.

As far as I know, he may be the last breeding son of Shadow Oaks Cock Robin by Chianti. He is great grandsire to Sonoita Highlands Darth Vader, 5 time World Champion and Sonoita Invaders Infatuation, World Top Ten mare. He has some great great grandget who have done very well in the show ring too.

I am hoping for a speedy recovery with no problems.

Bob from video.jpg

Best wishes to your handsome young man!! The older boys are so my favorite!!!!
default_wub.png

Sending good thoughts to both of you and wishing him a speedy recovery
default_yes.gif

Liz N.

Thank you all.... things are going well. Wont know a whole lot til the bandage comes off but he is still full of himself, LOL Yes I agree it's been very stressful on me too.... He's my main man- The King. And he knows it, but always maintains himself as a gentleman.

He is beautiful. I love reading about how the older ones are still being looked after by their loved ones.

Thank you all so much! Yeah, I dont believe in 'throwing them away' because they are in their senior years- the geriatric crowd. He has been an awesome friend, a lot of fun and has never let me down. I owe him what ever he needs in life.

His bandage came off last night- was not sure what to expect. It looks awesome with little, if any, swelling and is doing really good. He also gets to come out of confinement today and have his whole pen to move around in. He will like that!

Thank you all so much! Yeah, I dont believe in 'throwing them away' because they are in their senior years- the geriatric crowd. He has been an awesome friend, a lot of fun and has never let me down. I owe him what ever he needs in life.

His bandage came off last night- was not sure what to expect. It looks awesome with little, if any, swelling and is doing really good. He also gets to come out of confinement today and have his whole pen to move around in. He will like that!
Yeah!!! Smoke Signal - so glad he's doing well

Just an update today- he was taken off his pain meds Saturday evening, so is just finishing his antibiotics, and is doing extremely well. I am so happy this worked out well.

So glad he is doing well. He is a beautiful biy. God Bless

Latest posts

Back