Surgery FRIDAY -- I'm All Set To Get It Done!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are in my thoughts and prayers. You caught this early and I know you will come through surgery with flying colors. Keep us posted. Be good while you recover and let others do the work then you'll be back on your feet in no time.

No kidding about the early chest x-rays, Jill ... what a lifesaver...

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers -

Liz R.

We will keep youn in our thoughts Jill!!!
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

Keeping you in thoughts and prayers, my friend...I just feel in my heart that everything will go well and you'll be fine!!

Keep us posted, OK?

{{{{big HUG}}}},

Margo

Everything will go well, Jill - I know it!
hug2.gif

My best friend's mom just had the same procedure done up in Canada - and she is doing very well!

You will be back to normal (as normal as any of us ever get, that is
default_wink.png
) in no time!

Take care and God bless. You are very lucky to live in the area you do with some of the best Dr's. Prayers coming to you and your Doctors.

Thank you, everyone, for all the nice thoughts and prayers
default_wub.png

I'm a little scared I guess, but nothing like I was for that 1wk period between taking the first CT scan and learning there was a "lesion" until I first saw the Pulmonologist. I cried too much that week and felt like I was probably going to die soon. That was really the worst of it and it's been much better since the pulmonologist gave me her thoughts now 2x, and it's all very encouraging.

NOT looking forward to the recovery and honestly just the idea of chest tubes makes me squirm. But I'm basically ready to go. Got all my pre-op blood work and EKG today and have a hospital bracelet (such a pretty thing... not) that I cannot take off until they take it off me Friday or whenever. Like I want to show this thing off. Urgh...

Planning to take a laptop with me, but not for sure about internet access or how I'll feel or if I'll feel like me. If I am able to get onto LB while at the hospital and sound crazier than usual, you all will just have to chalk it up to the real good pain killers
default_smile.png

Wishing you the best Jill. It sounds like you are going to be in wonderful hands. You and you hubby will be in my prayers on Friday. Joyce

Just wanting to wish you the best. You have been through the ringer and I can't wait until you can take a deep breath........I have a story to tell you when you get back from all of this! You certainly seem to have the best in Surgeons! Please take that laptop!
default_biggrin.png
It really passes the time and takes your mind off of other things. When I had my hospital visit I was happy I had it in tow. The worst is almost over! I will be thinking and praying for you.

Carol

default_saludando.gif
Hi Jill,

Just wanted to wish you the best & good luck with surgery and hope everything goes well and will be thinking about you!

Hey Jill,

I will be thinking about you Friday, but I already know you will be just fine!
default_smile.png

And you are right about Inova Fairfax Hospital, you could not be in better hands.

I'm so glad you were able to get in and get this taken care of quickly.

If you need any horsey help, just shout! But I guess I should warn ya...

you would probably have to come rescue your fillies.... they may be kidnapped!
default_wub.png

~Sandy

Thinking of you Jill.

All the best for a speedie recovery.

xox Leonie xox

Wishing you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery! I'm sure it will go well, and you'll have an excuse to stay home with the ponies for awhile.
default_smile.png

Jan

Thanks, again, everyone! You are all so nice!!!

I got all my pre-op bloodwork and EKG done yesterday, found some knock off croc shoes (didn't know where they sell the real kind... and wasn't in the mood to look too many places), and I think I am all packed and ready to go now. We want to leave by 5am tomorrow morning. Surgery is supposed to be 11am, but I am to be there at 8am. When the coordinator asked the doctor a question and told him it was set for 11am, I could tell he wanted to do it earlier from her reaction and she said if I get there early, I may get done early.

Here, we have (officially) the 2nd worst traffic in the Nation. The Inova Fairfax Hospital is about 70 miles away, but with the morning traffic in Northern VA, leaving 3hrs early is pretty much mandatory just in case.

Will update when I can. I did pack my old laptop to take, but am not sure when I'll be up to using it. I'm going to be in a really nice new wing of that hospital (and most likely a private room -- yay!), and would imagine they do have internet access available, but am unsure what I'll feel like doing there at first. But please know how much your well wishes and prayers mean to me. This place really has a close knit group of people and you all mean a lot to me.

Jill

Jill, if you ever want the real thing, go to footsmart.com

Good source for diabetic shoes as well. I just ordered my second pair of diabetic crocs from them. They have a toe cap and are deeper so my orthotic fits in them and they are foot heaven. Since I am having some ugly problems with my feet, these have been a lifesaver.

Good luck tomorrow, hope you are chompin on the bit to get online by tomorrow night!! You just might, that is when you have the very best drugs on board!!!
default_wink.png

Jill

Continued prayers for you and H take care and stay as calm as possible. Cant wait to hear this is over and you are moving onward and upward.

Latest posts

Back