Supplements

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macgregor

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering what kind of supplement do you feed your horse. We feed our horses sweet feed and we wanted to give them supplements so the would get some good Vitamins and stuff. What do you recomend.

Most good feeds have adequate supplements in them but if you are looking for a bit of a coat boost and such I use Blue Seal Sunshine Plus. Has lots of good stuff in it.

There is no reason to be buying supplements unless your horse warrants it. Such as I have one artheritic horse that does require some. I don't believe in adding coat conditioners and extra bling blings to any feed program unless I have one that desperately needs some help. Which I don't.

I feed Purina Omelene

Orchard grass hay

Pasture

Purina 12 12 minerals free choice

Salt block

But if you are just wanting to cover your bases to be assured that your horse is getting everything he needs, talk to your vet about it and show him your choice of grain and hay, etc. and he should be able to guide you.

I am a strong believer of the KISS method. Keep it simple stupid. I have had to figure out balanced feed rations and it is extremely difficult to make sure everything balances out. After many years of doing halter futurity babies, I start with a high quality hay, and for young horses, feed equine junior. For the older horses I use cob sparingly if I need to supplement.

Latest posts

Back