Supplementing Grow N Win with oats.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soggy Bottom Ranch

Reaction score
I have a 37" gelding who needs some weight, and I'd like to add in some oats to what he is currently getting. How much should I add in per day? He is currently getting soaked beet pulp and BOSS as well.

Thank you!
default_smile.png

Gro N Win is a ration ballancer, it is ment to be fed with oats. When i fed it, i fed it with cleaned rolled oats, beet pulp and rice bran oil.

I will have to go back and find how much i fed with the Gro N Win, i dont remember off the top of my head, you could call Buckeye and ask them what they recommend too.

HI THERE
default_saludando.gif

Send him my way for a while and he is sure to return to you with extra pounds. I try really hard to have really good individual feed programs set up but it defeats the purpose when I am always catching kids (and especially Grandma - who handles feeding when we are out of town) feeding extra handfuls of grain or excessive amounts of horse treats to the horses. The horses have them totally convinced they are on the verge of starvation at all times and the kids and grandma are suckers for it. It is pretty much a losing battle.

I do try though and I have a couple of horses around that height/size on the Gro N Win here and they get two cups of cleaned oats, 1/4 cup BOSS and with it about two cups of soaked beet pulp -- I only feed the beet pulp with no molasses or other additives in it though and if you are feeding the beet pulp with molasses it is going to make a difference in the total calories/sugar/starch/carb content of their meal. If you want to add weight maybe go with the beet pulp with molasses? Mine also get grass/alfalfa mix hay three times a day. They are worked lightly - free lunged or jumped 3-4 times a week for about 30 minutes and are in shape and look good -- shiny coats, lots of energy, but are a little heavier than I'd have them in if I wanted them in "show shape" but that is due to them having access to extra hay and a little bit of grass pasture time, not from their feed.

Latest posts

Back