Sunny's Pregnancy and Foaling Thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil' Horse Lover

Reaction score
It's been almost 2 weeks since Sunny was ultrasounded and found to be heavy in foal. Still no bag but seems like she continues to fill out more and more. She seems to have a bigger appetite as well, so a big sign that she's close to foaling will be when she goes off her feed.

The vet guesses that she was about 9 months along at the time of the ultrasound.

Here's a link to my other topic about her to give you some background: http://www.miniature...0

Here's a pic taken 9/30-

Sunnypregnancy16.jpg

Taken 10/13-

202.jpg

And here's some pictures taken today 10/19.......

003.jpg

020.jpg

048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
your going to have a foal soon!!
default_aktion033.gif
how exciting!

hey you have to put a post on our new foaling thread so we can keep an eye on her there as well
default_yes.gif
she will have a gorgeous foal
default_wink.png
I can't remember but do you know who the dad is?

your going to have a foal soon!!
default_aktion033.gif
how exciting!

hey you have to put a post on our new foaling thread so we can keep an eye on her there as well
default_yes.gif
she will have a gorgeous foal
default_wink.png
I can't remember but do you know who the dad is?

Or just wait for it to move, or report it and ask for a move. Avoids duplicate threads
default_yes.gif

Good luck! FIngers crossed for trouble free foaling
default_biggrin.png

default_saludando.gif
oh congrats a nother buby coming,,,,,but your in the wrong thread i hope thay move you so you can hang with us

Welcome to the Nut house
new_rofl.gif

So Sunny has about a month and a half to go right? if so she should start to get an udder soon, can you take some pics? We loveeeeeeeeeeeee pics
biggrin.gif

Congrats and WELCOME! Your girl is so pretty. Love her color! Can't wait to see her foal!

As Renee said - welcome to the nutty mare watchers club!
default_yes.gif
default_saludando.gif

Lets have some more details about Sunny - who she's in foal to, has she foaled before etc??

If you have another month or so to go yet, as your vet says, (thus giving us plenty of time to get to know you, chat and learn more about your sweet Sunny) then you will not be seeing signs of an udder yet. So just relax, sit back and join in with the threads here on the MS/BCW Chat Board - plus post regular pics for us all drool over (how about a few of your other minis too?).

Again, welcome - great to have you join us.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Welcome to the Nut house
new_rofl.gif

So Sunny has about a month and a half to go right? if so she should start to get an udder soon, can you take some pics? We loveeeeeeeeeeeee pics
biggrin.gif

Yup about a month and a half left, if the vet guessed right. She was a given up by her former owners and they had her in with a stud for about a year up till we got her so no idea when exactly she was bred.

Here's a pic. taken the 13th of her udder....or lack there of lol
default_biggrin.png
:

267.jpg

As Renee said - welcome to the nutty mare watchers club!
default_yes.gif
default_saludando.gif

Lets have some more details about Sunny - who she's in foal to, has she foaled before etc??

If you have another month or so to go yet, as your vet says, (thus giving us plenty of time to get to know you, chat and learn more about your sweet Sunny) then you will not be seeing signs of an udder yet. So just relax, sit back and join in with the threads here on the MS/BCW Chat Board - plus post regular pics for us all drool over (how about a few of your other minis too?).

Again, welcome - great to have you join us.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

So not many details about her, as she was owned by an elderly couple who couldn't even remember her name (or if they even named her), we don't know her exact age, the vet guessed her at about 3-4 yrs. old. I don't believe she's ever foaled before. I think the elderly couple only had her about a year, for all of which she was in with a stud.

And that's all we "know" about her. Her background is a complete mistery, the former owners didn't do anything with her for the year they had her, when I got her she was very skittish and very hard to catch. Now she can be in a larger pen and I can catch her easily without a halter on her. She's still touchy but is doing much better and she lets me touch and mess with her bag without fussing so we're making progress.

The only things I know about the stud is the old couple named him Hercules (he's the only one out of the bunch that they knew (remembered) the name of. He is supposedly papered but I have no idea what his registered name is, what registry or what happened to his papers, they said he's about 15 yrs. old but who knows for sure. One of the other mares that came with my girl had a foal by the same stud about 6 months ago.

I'll post some pictures of the stud in a few minutes.

Here's some pictures of the stud she's bred to....(in these pics he just had a quick brushing and when these were taken he still needed his feet trimmed, so he looks a bit "rough"
default_rolleyes.gif
he measured in at about 31" tall if I'm remembering correctly, it was either 30" or 31" tall.

stud10.jpg

stud8.jpg

stud1.jpg

stud9.jpg

stud15.jpg

wow they should produce a very nice foal together
default_aktion033.gif

its so hard when you know nothing about them isn't it... my mare Suzie, I didn't have a clue, and it seems that my other mare Penny is in foal too I have even less knowledge about her lol
default_wacko.png
so we know what your going through and the girls on here are used to waiting hehe they waitied 3-4 months for me and Suzie
default_unsure.png
hehe woops.

your girl is beautiful please keep us updated with any progress you have
default_yes.gif

Thanks guys!
default_smile.png
I'm very excited to see what color they produce! And yup a total guessing game till the little one makes it's appearance!
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back