SUNNY NEEDS PRAYERS!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

Hi all

im so upset. Sunny our rescue in Arizona is very sick. please if everyone could send him some prayers maybe we can pull this guy thru. hes been thru so much!!!

Kay

pray.gif
pray.gif
pray.gif
pray.gif
pray.gif

Hoping & praying for the best! What is happening to this guy now? He's been through so much already, it isn't fair. Let's all think good thoughts & will him the strength to fight this.

A huge ((hug)) to whoever is caring for him!

i talked to the vet caring for him. he had a snotty nose so they gave him antiobitics last week. now hes not eating, depressed and had a lot of reflux in his stomach. he is however still passing manure. we are going to try and treat him at home tonight and see how he is in the morning. they just arent sure what is wrong. sunny has been struggling so much!

Sending prayers your way!!! Come on, Sunny Boy!!!

It worked for Babbit/Justice, now it needs to work for Sunny too.

last time i talked to gini he was continuing to improve. We had a vet that had just gone back to practicing after taking a lot of years off to raise kids. So i think she panicked and scared us all thinking he was worse then he was. Sunny has been thru so much pls keep thinking good thoughts for him!

Kay

Sunny's regular vet was out yesterday. He went from no pooping at all to watery diarrhea and still with the horribly snotty nose but his lungs were clear. Dr C took blood, cultured his manure for salmonella and changed his antibiotics which I had wanted to do the other day in the first place when we had to call the other vet! Unfortunately for Sunny, this means two shots a day of Naxel but I feel much better with this medication. He's also on Gastro Gard for possible ulcers brought on by his huge change of lifestyle. Dr C was also able to pass the stomach tube and there was no reflux. She gave him a good dosing of water to keep him hydrated. He is eating better, not normal, but better and is wearing a nice new purple blanket which I hope is still on him! I'll keep you all updated on his condition. We will be getting his blood work back today.

I told my vets that they are never allowed to leave together again unless we go with them!!! I bet that sent a shiver up their spines LOL!

thanks for the update! i hate it when vets all leave for confrences! youd think there would be a better way. That naxcel is good stuff! i hate giving shots but that should beat whatever is bothering him.

Stacy, can't you see the caravan now
new_shocked.gif

This has been an incredible week without Dr B and Dr C.

Add my horses to the caravan if they leave.....

THat Naxcel is awesome. I had to use it on a mustang mare I use to have I only had her for about 4-5months and several of those months she was so sick with pneumonia but when I first got her we bonded and I was riding her within two weeks and was riding her outside of a arena within a month. Then she got real bad sick and it went down hill from there. BUt I kept a journal about it and I was giving her breathing treatments, hanging IV fluids in that little 12x12 stall, she got shots everyday........but she was always happy to see me.......

I ended up taking her to the University of Tennessee and the pneumonia had scarred her lungs so bad she could not hold her O2 saturation up over 56% so I knew when she nudged me it was time to let her go and I did and I brought her and she is on the hill with the other two great loves in my life.........

Oops sorry I got off on a long story, I just meant to say I have used that drug and several others where pnuemonia is concerned even people drugs that were prescribed by the vet in the horses name and you go to the pharmacy and pick it up, and they are awesome..............

I hope Sunny gets better soon.........
pray.gif
pray.gif

Just got a call from Dr. Cabrerra. She said Sunny's bloodwork came back

normal. She should have the fecal report later today or early tomorrow.

I'm picking up another bottle of his Naxel and getting it to Stacy for tomorrow's

doses. He's doing some better this am....

Boy, from a horse that was cruely confined for 10 years to one having hundreds of people caring about him, is truly amazing. He must think he died and went to horsey heaven. Keep up the good work Stacy and Gini!!!

Ginny StP

Latest posts

Back