Summer/Mindy Foaled on 4/1/13!! Colt!*NEW PICTURES & VIDEO OF SMOKEY PG. 41* 5 WEEKS OLD

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if the foal would just turn its head, maybe it could see a little light at the end of that tunnel there and fall out!!

She's looking soooo relaxed. Still can't get any milk? Anything at all you can test??

Nope! Not a single drop out of those Dolly Partons

And I'm so tired that while I was taking a shower I grabbed the conditioner instead of the shampoo, poured a big ole handful and put it right on top of my head and couldnt figure out why it wasnt lathering up! This is just getting ridiculous!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like giving up too. I feel a sore throat starting and I've had this head ache for two days. We both desperately need sleep, but I know that we'd regret it if we missed it. I don't have a camera up either. Been trying to get one, but I gave up on that today. I'm so burnt out. You have got to be worse than me as I've only been up a lot the last couple of nights. You've been at it all month.

I'm not trying to tell ya HOW to do it or anything, but have you tried washing her udder with warm, warm water, and a slight bump to the udder every now and then? Like a baby would bump? Some mares (and people! ) need a little help with "let down".

Lord knows it wasn't me when I had all my kids. I would be in Walmart or something, and if I heard someone ELSE'S kid start squalling, it was like Niagra Falls with me!! I had to be careful, because I would choke my kids sometimes when it came out so fast!

Sorry, may have been TMI, but it just kinda came out, lol

Viola, Im so sorry! This is just sad! I wish everyone who is so tired and sick that there mare will foal and with no problems and give us worry warts some relief!

At least we have Amy who never ceases to make me laugh!! I will try the bump thing, and I was the same way with my kids! A jersey cow had nothing on me! I was the same way in the store too, I would hear a kid cry and I would be like OH NO!!! Then came the flood! I choked my kids all the time, poor little guys!

Hahaha!!! Funny thing is, I'm not even a "blessed" woman...I'm barely a B, but my 12 year old daughter is almost a full C!!!! WHAT are they putting in the water around here???

Hope yall both feel better soon!! Try to catch a catnap when yall can, and suck down the chicken soup!!

Hey Mindy!

Hope your girl is getting close to that time :) I can't wait to see the foal! I hope everything goes well and with no issues. I will follow this thread now that I found it!

While you have that wet warm washcloth out there anyway you might as well clean the tips of her udders too. Some of mine that I cant get milk from had some dirt "plugs" in the tiny little holes of the teats. I learned to hold the nipple with one hand and use the other to lightly rub the debris off the tip, otherwise as I was trying to rub the teat would bend and I was just getting the sides of the nipples. Not always but sometimes that is what is keeping you from getting any milk. Good luck!

Morning all! Now I know that I'm old fashioned and way behind the times, but here we have never tested milk! Years ago I was told to never 'fiddle' with a mare's udder/teats and that the tiny piece of sticky substance on the end of the teats was a natural 'stopper' to prevent dirt or infection getting up into the udder. Things, of course, have moved on and ideas change, plus there are thousands and thousands of folk now testing their mare's milk with no problem, but I still dont do it!

Just telling you this so you dont feel that something must be wrong because you cant get any milk from Summer or that you are doing something wrong, so just relax - Summer will produce all the milk her baby needs once she foals.
default_yes.gif

Really hoping she foals for you very soon!

Good Morning all! The update is that there is no update!
default_risa_suelos.gif

Summer, Bree and Sadie have all decided to play a little game on us and see who can hold out the longest!! They are just such a hoot!
default_new_rofl.gif

Kelbi! So glad you could join in on the roller coaster ride! Kelbi now owns the daddy to Summers baby, Texas Angels Hot Shot! She is doing so awesome with him and I'm so proud of both of them!!

Hi Jax! Yesterday I washed her udders really really good, but not sure how good I got the tips, I will try that today.

Anna! Yes, I need to relax! I love old fashioned and see the good in both sides. For me, IMO, I need to just make sure she is clean, she does get super itchy when all that stuff collects in the middle, I call it Mountain Goo, haha, and then just leave it alone.

Diane, Thanks for all your support and help through all of my worries and stresses!

I will post more pictures here in a bit of her this morning. I think it will be a big help to others with maiden mares in the future, just to show how unpredictable they can be, and they can really fool you and keep you on your toes!! And maybe, just MAYBE you guys will see something that I'm missing!
default_smile.png

Any changes in her at all?! I was really hoping to wake up to a foal!

Here are pictures from this morning... I dont personally see any changes, but maybe you can??

aas.JPG

aas1.JPG

aas2.JPG

aas4.JPG

aas5.JPG

aas6.JPG

aas7.JPG

I compared the picture of her side from Pg. 20 to the picture of her side today, and I do see a difference there. She looks to me that she has dropped!
default_thumbup.gif

i tried to post them side by side here, but it wouldn't let me. I don't know why...

Morning Viola! How was your night? Are you feeling any better today? How is Sadie??

I hope your right in that she has dropped! Her tummy does look a little different to me today.

here is the comparison...

first pic is last night and second is this morning

summertummy1.jpg

aas.JPG

It looks like baby has moved back a bit which is why her vulva isn't so red.

Renee, So what does that mean then? Is it trying to get into position? Sorry if I sound so dumb! LOL

Progress! Yess!

I'm doing pretty good. I had the baby monitor next to my head all night so I was able to get some restful sleep while still hearing any movement. I found her eating to be soothing to me. It was when she just stood there and slept that made me go check on her! She has free access to the rest of her pasture. I at least woke up in a good mood!

I keep going back to the picture TargetsMom posted http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=129193&page=2 for reference. As for the position, moving forward means getting into position.

Latest posts

Back