Summer, Annie, Flower, maybe in foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally figured out after 2 years how to change a forgotten password on here... Lol

I owned Summer when she had her first foal exactly 2 years ago today, you guys helped me so much in keeping me awake and entertained while I waited for the little guy to arrive here safely... Here is the thread in case anyone would like to see how Summer looked and did on her first go around...maybe it will be helpful to see how she looked when we knew her breeding dates? http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?/topic/133123-summermindy-foaled-on-4113-coltnew-pictures-video-of-smokey-pg-41-5-weeks-old/?hl=summertime

Diane, what happened to Renee? She was so involved on here and has seemed to disappear! I hope she is ok.

Ohh and I'm Jessie's sister btw
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha!! Yes I've been lurking long enough, things are starting to get serious!! Lol!

Well hello again! Good you're back and thank you for the link to her prior delivery... it was a lovely blast from the past!!

She carried that beautiful boy high and tight and looks to be progressing along the same path again for elongation and udder. She's such a pretty girl, and it was fun reading through the old thread to see how she changed. She is looking good and progressing nicely.

I haven't heard from Renée in a long time, but she had some major changes in her life. Not sure of she lurks here or not, but I miss her too. I miss my dear friend Anna as well, and I'm so happy when she posts here when she has internet connection. I value her opinions so much and miss her views of changes. It's important to have everyone's experiences as each of us has had different ones.

We're watching carefully!

Last edited:
I loved going back and reading that thread! It was like reading a book. It made me laugh and cry
default_smile.png
I'm glad your still here helping people, mares and babies Diane!
default_smile.png

I'll probably be here forever or until people don't want this forum anymore. Meanwhile, I love my time here with friends, and seeing all the beautiful babies come happily and safely to the ground. When we do lose one, I share in the grief and tears as if it were my own, and then work harder to get the next one delivered safely!

You are amazing Diane!! Thank you so much for all you do on here, helping us all so much!!!

You are so very welcome. And thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences with us here!

But this what happen today after she had a good roll....

Sorry the pics are not the best...I didn't get the good ones today

image.jpg

I'm posting these two photos for those of you who think your mares are W-I-D-E !!

This is wide, and both of these mares still took more than a month to deliver from the dates of these pictures....drove me crazy! The one on the left is Carrie, and she foaled like clockwork at 365 days every year -- and delivered a perfect little pinto baby 6 weeks after this picture. The second mare was Belle, and she delivered a perfect few-spot filly a month after this picture. Some who purchased the Foal-time strips may recognize her, as she was the "mascot" for the strips for several years.

So, meet Carrie and Belle.

100_1276.jpg Belle 4-22-09.jpg

Now THEY were wide!

Oh yeah now that is WIDE!!! : D thanks for sharing the pics or you beautiful girls!!! You can share pics of their foals too!

Lol mindy!!

Ok so updated pis here!!! And I see no difference. Tell me what yall think! And the last photo I have a question on. Why does she always look so pointy??? Like she always looks "front-of-center" to me ???? It makes me think maybe she is not pregnant. I'm going crazy over here ?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So since I was the dingbat that left a colt with his mother entirely too long ? I have a question... Smokey was extremely refined and small, he was 28" I believe, since he was so tiny could the baby just be very tiny and hiding very well? She looks low but is not very wide. Has a nice little udder going and is elongating. Could she be a little further along than we think?

Just an update on smokey in case any one that followed my thread wants to know...

I gave him to a sweet girl that was training him to be a kids learning horse, since he was too tiny to ride of course, she wanted to teach kids about grooming and ground handling with him. He was absolutely gorgeous!!! Refined, tiny and silver black. She had him for a few months and had trained him to do tricks already... Unfortunately he was bit by a rattlesnake on the nose( he was extremely curious about everything) they did everything they could but he did not survive it. ?

So that was a depressing story...

So sad, he was the most gorgouse miniature I have ever seen!???

So sorry to read this about Smokey. I hate rattlesnakes!

And yes, some babies hide very well especially when momma carries them high and tight!

Latest posts

Back