Sugared fruit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've seen several different recipes, from using gelatin to simple syrup. The egg white technique seems easiest to me. Who has made this and what worked best? I need to sugar some strawberries before Garden Club tomorrow. My local grocery stores do not carry superfine sugar, so I will either use regular sugar or maybe the coarse decorating sugar.

Marsha Ive never made sugared fruit before , though when I have not had superfine sugar ( which we call caster sugar here ) ive always used regular sugar.

Hope it works for you
default_smile.png

I'm not satisfied with my first attempt, but I will definitely try it again. I mixed regular sugar and coarse baking sugar. The strawberries are so huge--probably don't want to know what was done to them to grow them like baseballs. I used egg white with a little water mixed in. That is what I coat sugared pecans in. Next time, I think I will try the simple syrup recipe instead.

strawberry cake.jpg

Marsha that looks amazing and even though Its only 8am here , Id rather that for breakfast than the muesli and fruit im currently eating
default_smile.png

Back