Submitting Photos Online for AMHA/AMHR Registry Work

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Do any of you know if it is now possible to submit photographs for registry work (registering, transferring, updating, etc.) to AMHR and/or AMHA online vs. through the mail?

Thanks,

Jill

vacation29.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I just emailed mine to AMHR for the registration of 6 foals. I didn't realize I could email them to A untill after I had printed and snail mailed them, but in future I will email my registration pix. I 'assume' other registry work requiring pictures could be emailed also.

Charlotte

Jill, I've been doing my AMHA registrations by email the past couple of years. This year, AMHR accepted my registrations by email.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

I wanted to add that my transfers, temp to perm, etc, I'm still sending in the registration papers and forms by snail mail as the registry wants the original back. But I am emailing all of my pictures and it's saving so much time and MONEY!
default_smile.png

Another good thing I have noticed is that if there is a problem with any of the paperwork, I have been contacted by email or a phone call instead of snail mailed paperwork causing a long delay of possible weeks and [SIZE=14pt]saving[/SIZE] [SIZE=14pt]money [/SIZE] for the registry (and me too!) by not wasting money on paper, ink and postage! The problem is usually resolved in an hour or two instead of weeks.
default_biggrin.png

This is awesome news, ladies!!!
thumbup.gif

Thank you for the info and this is how I will send my pictures this year as well. It is so much easier for "us" and "them"
default_yes.gif

Way to go, AMHR and AMHA
happy0064.gif

What great news! Only hearing about it about 2 weeks after I snail mailed mine in. Oh well good to know for next time.

This is the first I heard about this. How do you fill out the forms online? Or do you have to fill out forms and scan them?

AMHA forms can be typed onto directly from the website and those can be emailed. Of course, I still like to keep a printed copy for my records until I get the registration papers back.

AMHR forms aren't set up to type on online (they need to do that!), so I still print out the form, fill it in by hand, scan and email.

Now, Cammie did mine for me this year and she was able to type on all the forms and send them in a zip file with pictures. I'm not computer literate enough to do that!
default_smile.png

Either way, it still saves money and time!
default_biggrin.png
default_aktion033.gif

Does it say anything on the website? I'd like to take a look, but I can't find anything about it.
No, there's nothing on the registry websites regarding paperwork by email. If you have any questions, contact the registries directly and they can tell you what you need to do.

All forms still need to be completed in their entirety including signatures. Picture requirements are the same.

I also wanted to add that payment is required when you submit registry work, so you need to either have a credit card on file with the registries or complete the credit card section of the work order form to submit your work online.

Ooooooooooo..... I didn't know this, THANKS! I'm so excited!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

How do your do the signature if you e-mail the forms too? Or do you also snail mail an original form with your signature on it?

How do your do the signature if you e-mail the forms too? Or do you also snail mail an original form with your signature on it?
I don't snail mail anything. When I fill out my forms, I sign them and then scan and email the form.
default_smile.png

Becky,

Have you had anything returned due to error in email submitting? If so, what type of problems we can avoid?

What size are the pictures?

thanks

Carolyn,

I've not had any problems submitting paperwork to either registry by email. You need to make sure that all forms sent are complete including signatures. Pictures attached should be just like they would if you were printing them out, ie, all body parts showing and the horse covering approximately 80% of the picture as per registry requirements.

The only problem I've encountered this year with a new registration, is one foals' name in AMHR couldn't be used as I sent it, as the last word is a registered suffix with another farm. Fortunately for me, AMHR called me on the phone, I came up with a solution and the papers were sent to me and I had them in my hands in a few days. No long delays snail mailing paperwork back and forth!
default_aktion033.gif

I generally try to send pictures that are under 100kb so I can attach 4 to an email and have them go through without any problems.

This is a really slick way to do the registrations.

Last year I also filled out my stallion reports online. The computer keeps track of previously emailed registered names and information (minus heights which change).

It is good for the registries as well as they can actually READ our information, not guess if our handwriting is marginal.

I like to pay for the horse things with a check, vs. a credit card. Does anyone "just" email the photos and send the registry forms and check via mail? That's what I was hoping to do, with a separate email for each horse's business. Would that make sense / not be confusing?

Does anyone "just" email the photos and send the registry forms and check via mail?
Jill, you can definitely do that. I just did a transfer with AMHR and a temp to perm with AMHA doing that. I emailed my pictures and told them what horse they were and that the paperwork was coming snail mail. I also sent a note with the written paperwork that the pictures were emailed. Covered it both ways.

Woohoo!!!

This is great and will seriously cut down my desire to pro-crast-in-ate!!!

Thanks!!!!!

default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back