Submitting Photos Online for AMHA/AMHR Registry Work

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! I had no idea that was possible! Already sent in my AMHA registrations on my babies (and have them back) but I hadn't yet sent in their AMHR, I keep forgetting to print photos! So now I don't have to
default_smile.png

Jessi

WOW! I had no idea that was possible! Already sent in my AMHA registrations on my babies (and have them back) but I hadn't yet sent in their AMHR, I keep forgetting to print photos! So now I don't have to
default_smile.png

Jessi
Thats my problem. I keep forgeting to print photos!!
default_wacko.png

Question about doing transfers. Obviously the original papers have to be sent to the registry (either AMHA or AMHR) - but would it speed up the process for a transfer if the paperwork and photos were sent by email? Basically will they start working on the transfer and have everything ready to go before they actually receive the original certificates?

Question about doing transfers. Obviously the original papers have to be sent to the registry (either AMHA or AMHR) - but would it speed up the process for a transfer if the paperwork and photos were sent by email? Basically will they start working on the transfer and have everything ready to go before they actually receive the original certificates?
I don't know... You could call them on Monday to find out but my hunch is they don't start to do anything until they get the signed transfer (only a hunch). Many times in the past, I've paid a $20 rush fee to AMHR just so I can have the work completed fast. I think the $20 will rush up to 3 pieces of business with them, but it is more expensive to rush something with AMHA.

I'm just guessing, but I bet any of the registries won't do paperwork until it is complete. Not start until they have it all in hand. Either by email or snail mail.

BTW, PtHA will also accept emailed regsitration applications and photos.
default_biggrin.png

Hi Jill

Here's another thought for payment if you are looking to have it come out of your checking acct - see if your bank offers a free debit or check card (either Master Card or Visa). It is not a credit card as the funds are debited fom your checing acct and there will be a notation on your statement who the funds were paid to. The great thing is that you can use it wherever MC or Visa accepted, I love it! No more check writing! I also use it at the feed store and the Vet too. It only takes 3 days for my bank to get it to you. I don't know how long yours would take so maybe wouldn't save you any time this time while you wait for the debit card to arrive

I'm estatic I read this thread - great info!

default_smile.png
Yes, I have a debit card like that and use it for things, but for the horse stuff, I like to have a physical check. It just makes it easier for me when I'm doing the year end stuff to see what's horse related and what it was for between the pay to and memo section. If I would become more organized, it wouldn't be so helpful to me to have it be by check but ... :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I e-mailed AMHA and was told they do not accept all photos via e-mail that it is mainly the International members who have trouble sending them via snail mail. So much for that idea
default_frusty.gif

I hear ya. I scanned a whole bunch of stuff into my computer and now I'll have to mail it anyway...bummer! AMHA needs to get on the band wagon.

Becky's been doing it and she's in the US. I'm planning to do mine that way, too
default_yes.gif

Please note the following from the AMHA registration department:

It has come to our attention that there is a misunderstanding about submitting registrations by email. Since the computer system we were expecting to be working for us by now did not work out I felt it necessary to let everyone know that their registrations still need to be submitted by regular mail. We do not have the staff, capabilities, or time it requires to print your paperwork, we wish we did. So, if everyone would be so kind as to put your registrations and photographs in the mail, as we’ve always done, it would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to the above, when you submit photographs for transfers of ownership or permanent status changes by email and the rest of the paperwork by regular mail you run the risk of it being lost. With the staff having hundreds of files to keep up with and then start receiving photographs by email, the photos are easily misplaced as we have nothing to attach them to.

Only in certain circumstances do we take registrations or photographs by email and that is usually if the individual has paid to expedite the paperwork or if it’s from an International member that has problems with their mail service.

Thank You,

Pam Pruitt

AMHA Registration Supervisor

[email protected]

Latest posts

Back