Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muck heaps around the world!! Alas, I have no muck heap but I can bag some up for you and send it UPS......

My pile will include some color because we shred all the paper and magazines that come thru this house and use it for bedding.

I can add lots of manure (and I guess a wet blanket) and am not too far away. More than willing to share
default_smile.png
One of these days (preferably when it's warm) I will have to visit to see your beautiful horses anyway!

Now are you guys all protesting with me or are you just doing this for ----'- and giggles?

Shetlands have so many divisions because apparently every time a division evolves we have to add another one for the animals that are no longer competative (sort of like the plethora of driing divisions in the AMHR - what's going to be next once Western becomes too extreme/competative?). Multiple halter divisions create confusion among new owners, fighting among exhibitors, and muddy the waters in general. Who decides if the horse fits the type of the class? The judges by how they place. The Classic division begat the Foundation division in about 15 years thanks to judges picking more extreme animals year after year. The Foundation division in 12 short years is where the Classic division was when the Foundation division started. So - what next? Do we add another division? Where does it end?
Well here is an idea if the divisions in ASPC isn't working then why have divisions. Lets put them all together, that will make the classes bigger and less classes to deal with that don't bring in the money because we can't have that in AMHR because we have the biggest National show for miniatures and it will be too hard. Why should it be acceptable for one way and not the other. Doesn't make much sense.

As far as Western CPD goes I don't care if you are for it or against it this class has proven to be successful and is just as big as CPD. It is also more detailed then the other driving classes so the judges should be held responsible if they cannot pick out a true western horse over a low end country. This years winners were better but we aren't quite there yet. I felt that many of your top winning western horses this year were more of your low end country but they still picked out the true western horse when past years it was hard for them to place. And you can't say it was a terrible idea when AMHA followed suit and created a class similar to ours.

You cannot combine all the pony divisions because they show differently. No way you can show classics with moderns--that would mean the classics have to go back to being done up like moderns....and that simply doesn't work. You wouldn't have bigger classes, you would have more people staying home and so, far fewer entries. I show classics that could be do e up to be competitive as moderns--at least some of them--but I wouldn't do it. I do not care to show moderns and won't do it. AMHR horse's all show the same regardless of what type they are--no option of shoes, pads, bridles, etc.

Renee, You are hilarious. Love your idea! It just might work!!!
default_smile.png

Susan O.

Back to the original post and ignoring those who like to pontificate and are such wet blankets when some are trying to have a little fun - Pyllis and I in Arkansas can add to the manure circle around the globe, and if you don't mind a little cow manure mixed in, I know a couple in Oklahoma who would be willing to "chip" in.
Thank you Jean for trying to get this back on track!

For the conversation and ideas started about the ASPC horses their shows and divisions... lets take that part to the Pony Talk forum please.

default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
LaVern--I love your sense of humor and I can save some good 'ole Pennsylvania manure for you.
default_wink.png

It's really piling up! But, I think we have to put a few rules in here. First of all, according to Hart, we cannot go mixing up our manure. Hart is very fussy about his piles. We already have piles of all sorts and all ages around. Our kids learned to ski on some of the cattle piles. We have one pile (mixed) that goes back 100 years and only the dearest of friends get to take off that pile.

It takes about 20 years to really have a valuable pile (horse). It becomes gold. I figure that one of Harts loads of 20 years old horse manure is worth about 6 times what the papers for a hardshipped AMHR horse is.

20 years? My neighbor hauled some of mine away two years ago, piled it upbeat home, turned it a few times and it was prime stuff last year--he distributed it to various gardens and tree lines all over the neighborhood and things are flourishing! He needsore but hasn't hauled it yet.

Mind you, mine is about 25% PONY poop and that is really prime stuff!

I'm falling off the chair. That's got to be the best one, Minimor. Offta, that was a good one.

I suppose it doesn't even stink. Man, I had to think a long time on that one. Hope that one doesn't get us kicked off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back