Study finds all grey horses are related

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Jill! That picture is very good. I figured it would be something like that, but didn't think it would be THAT noticeable! I am still waiting on my fleabitten gray mare to foal so now I will know some signs to watch for with the foal.

I have had and love arabians for years and this has been a long known fact. Ask any arab breeder. It is also true that ALL HORSES THAT ARE GRAY HAVE ARAB BLOOD. IF THE HORSE IS GRAY IT GOES BACK TO AN ARABIAN HORSE.
default_aktion033.gif

(opps do not type with a 14 month old grandson on your lap LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can honestly say this thread is the first time I have ever seen gray "goggles" referred to as "reverse eyeliner". In the equine color genetic community goggles is the normal term for the already gray hairs around the eyes of a foal that is going to gray out.

Here is my gelding, Blue (a/k/a Erica’s Big City Blue By U), as a foal sporting his reverse eyeliner
default_biggrin.png

Blue%2011.jpg

Blue gets his grey from Egyptian King, back to whom all my greys can be traced
default_yes.gif

i have a grey mare egyption king is her granddad, she is pure white was born palomino isnt homozygous grey, does have a couple of melanoma lumps she is 10 years old, shes a cute as little mare
default_smile.png
just some facts about my grey hehe

and that coment about the ark to funny !!!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back