Strategy Healthy Edge

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luvsminis

Reaction score
Has anybody ever fed the new Strategy Healthy Edge to your minis, and what did you think of it?

We are currently feeding it to our 3 year old show mare. She really likes it & looks forward to it. When she sees me coming with the scoop she gets excited. So far we see a difference in her coat.

We switched all of our little ones from regular Strategy over to the new healthy edge for 30 days......I was excited to try it, but was not happy with the results. I noticed a big difference in their top line when I fed this feed, we actually had to double their beet pulp to keep a nice top line. Needless to say we switched back to the regular Strategy after the 30 day trial and our horses went back to their normal selves. It may have different results for others, but I personally wouldn't recommend it.

I have been feeding this now for just a bit, just watching to see what how it goes. How much are other feeding per 100 lbs?

We use to feed the regular Strategy and when the Healthy Edge came out I was extremely excited. I was feeding lots of oil and now I feed very little. My horses love it! They all look amazing. I had a mare come to me that still had her winter hair and since she has been on the Healthy Edge it has all shed out and she looks great. She was also overweight and it has helped her maintain a good weight. I know I won't be changing feeds for quite sometime.

May I ask what the difference is?
It is for adult horses 2 years & older, when strategy can be to everyone.

Healthy Edge is higher in fat-8% to Strategy's 6.5%. Lower in protein- 12.5% to Strategy's 14%. It also contains the Amplify nugget & beet pulp.

Do you kno if it is a low starch/low sugar feed? Righ now I have my mini on Well Solve LS (low starch/low sugar), and really like it. The vet recommends it, but said that we might have to add something this winter if they seem to get to cold. I give them beet pulp also.

Do you kno if it is a low starch/low sugar feed? Righ now I have my mini on Well Solve LS (low starch/low sugar), and really like it. The vet recommends it, but said that we might have to add something this winter if they seem to get to cold. I give them beet pulp also.
Is Well Solve LS a complete feed? [As in, its all you need to feed.] Or is it fed with hay? If its fed with hay, wouldn't you just increase the hay for warmth in winter, as its the digestion of fiber that warms them up.

Do you kno if it is a low starch/low sugar feed?
According to Purina,

Healthy Edge provides low starch/sugar and high fat content.

WellSolve L/S provides very low starch/sugar, maximum 11% starch & sugar guaranteed.

I give hay to them also. That is a good idea to just increase the hay, I didn't realize that the fiber is what gave them warmth. Thanks for the info.
default_rolleyes.gif

I was just give a couple of coupons for this Heathy Edge and right now I am trying to find a dealer near me. I am currently using Strategy and can get it. But they wont special order feeds for me in small quantities.

I might have the same problem here too. Went to a Purina meeting, very interesting, but getting the products they talk about is not all that easy.

Latest posts

Back