Straightening hair?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emily's mom

Reaction score
Someone told me that you can use a perm to straighten your curly hair, by just combing it through.

Has anyone ever done this. I would like to know how curly your hair was first, exactly how you did it, and can you do it by yourself.

My hair is very thick and has curl and goes fuzzy during the day as it dries, it is one length, above my shoulders, and I do not want layers, so I thought if I could straighten it, I could manage it.

Any input would be great, thanks!!

yup, i used to do this all the time, every 3 or 4 months. i used "toni" perms that can be bought just about anywhere. here's another suggestion...if you can find a hairdresser who can do an "anti-curl", it's even better. my hairdresser uses the Rusk brand of anti-curl. i have it done about every 5 months or so and i couldn't live without it.

my hair is very thick and in humid weather, without the anti-curl, i look like i'm walking around with a giant brillo pad on my head! i LOVE this product!!!

Perm solution is so hard on your hair. Have you ever had a good hair stylist straighten your hair for you? I was amazed the first time someone actually "straightened" my hair
default_yes.gif
My hair stylist is amazing and these days she won't even touch my hair with a flat iron because of how much damage it causes. She blows it out with a round brush and it looks even better then when I flat iron it. I am not so talented though so I stick with the flat iron lol
default_rolleyes.gif
I just use Paul Mitchell "Skinny Serum" before I flat iron it. It helps smooth the frizzies and protects the hair from the heat. Works very well for me. I can usually go at least two days in the summer without doing it again, even longer in the winter. My girl refuses to do perms on anyone no matter how much they want to pay her. I should also mention she is a head instructor at the Paul Mitchell school. Just thought I would give you the other side of the "story"
default_smile.png
default_wink.png
Good luck with whatever you decide to do
default_wink.png

Well, I tried it!

I guess I was looking for a miracle!

I didn't get the smooth results I was looking for...I still have a little curl, but it seems softer and a little flatter!

Latest posts

Back