Stormy the Trickster

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kelly

MHT Supporter
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to teach Stormy every trick in this book!

3DD94EF4-C70B-40AD-A6A5-D822203CCB6E.jpeg

I’ll start from the beginning of the book and work our way through. I’ll update our progress as we learn new tricks. I am in no hurry and I have no time frame on him mastering a trick. It will take as long as it takes. I started teaching him his very first trick yesterday and he absolutely loved it!

Do you have a trick horse on your hands? If so, please post pics along with any tips and tricks you might have!!

This is going to be such a fun journey!! 💕💕💕

I have two 'tips' that you probably already know but I'll mention them. I went to a clinic years ago with Tommy Turvey(I hope I got that name right). The two biggest tings he had to say were 1. Don't teach your horse anything you don't want them offering whenever they want to, you can't tell them no when you don't want it then ask for it when you do. He said this as he was walking into the ring with his young horse who had just stopped to rear. 2. If they aren't getting it brake in down into smaller steps. Looking forward to hearing about/seeing his tricks!

I have two 'tips' that you probably already know but I'll mention them. I went to a clinic years ago with Tommy Turvey(I hope I got that name right). The two biggest tings he had to say were 1. Don't teach your horse anything you don't want them offering whenever they want to, you can't tell them no when you don't want it then ask for it when you do. He said this as he was walking into the ring with his young horse who had just stopped to rear. 2. If they aren't getting it brake in down into smaller steps. Looking forward to hearing about/seeing his tricks!
A long time ago a friend of mine suggested I treach my old pony some tricks and she said you could teach him to take your hat off your head, that would be cute. And all I could picture was cleaning his feet and him snatching my hat off my head the whole time. Lol. So good advice there Taz!

I've got that same book, plus another one. Both gathering dust, waiting for when I have time...

HAHA! Mine was gathering dust too LOL! I had to dig it out of one of my moving boxes and I finally found it. Come on Dragon Hill, dust that book off and let’s start this journey of trick training together 😍 …. And anyone else who has the book or is willing to get the book. It’ll be fun and entertaining for sure! 🥰🥰

A long time ago a friend of mine suggested I treach my old pony some tricks and she said you could teach him to take your hat off your head, that would be cute. And all I could picture was cleaning his feet and him snatching my hat off my head the whole time. Lol. So good advice there Taz!

Thats funny! I’ve been teaching Stormy the first trick, which is “kiss me”. Now every time he sees me he is puckering up trying to give me a kiss lol lol💋💋

One of my mares has learned to play with my coat zipper and every time I come to her stall with a coat on, she'll unzip it for me... I think she loves to hear the "zip" sound... ☺

And yes, I let her do it only on that old barn coat I don't mind repairing its zip. 😊

I found the book on thriftbooks.com. My granddaughter and I will start these on Bubbles and Lilo as soon as the book arrives. What fun!
Thank you for the inspiration!

I found the book on thriftbooks.com. My granddaughter and I will start these on Bubbles and Lilo as soon as the book arrives. What fun!
Thank you for the inspiration!

Lucky you! I just checked there and they're all sold out. 🥺

I'll look on Amazon and let y'all know if I find it. I've started classes at the local community college, so I'm making a schedule. What better time to get back to work with my little guy than now? It's just more schooling to put on the schedule!🤗🤭😂

Lucky you! I just checked there and they're all sold out. 🥺

I'll look on Amazon and let y'all know if I find it. I've started classes at the local community college, so I'm making a schedule. What better time to get back to work with my little guy than now? It's just more schooling to put on the schedule!🤗🤭😂
Right? Good luck with both schooling. :)

OMG!! You guys!! I am sooooo excited!! This is going to be a blast!! We ALL have to post pics as we go!! Everyone loves seeing pics and we ALL love showing off our little tricksters. Can’t wait!! Can’t wait!! Keep us updated on when your book arrives. 💕💕💕

Latest posts

Back