stop my horses from eating their blankets

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divigo

Reaction score
I am still in serious doubt on taking our stallion to the show in Belgium in 6 weeks.

The reason for doubting is because my stallion walks in the same paddock as my gelding and I will have to clip him for show and put a blanket on him as winter is comming. :no:

Both my gelding and stallion like to eat and mess up their blankets and I don't have the means/place yet to either put them separately or more warm. I am affraid they might get sick or hurt because of eating and playing with the blanket.

Do you have any tips or tricks to solve my problem?

Or should I just forget about the first show of next season and wait until the seccond show in March?

Thanks,

Trisha :saludando:

When I have horses at shows that share a stall, I use muzzles to keep them from "undressing" each other.

Do you have a stall for him??

If not, no, do not clip him, it is far too late in the year.

Even in summer all my show horses are blanketed and stalled at night.

Even when it was really hot last year they had a sheet on- and were in their stalls at night and I do not clip my show horses- just the once at the beginning of the season.

Yes, you stand a chance of him getting very ill indeed unless you have a warm stall he can be shut in to.

Muzzling would not work in this situation as the horses need to eat their hay so cannot be muzzled.

I know how annoying this is - I had two colts that used to take one another's rugs off- I finally put a hotwire down the middle of their paddock!!!

Thanks for your responce.

I guess I better forget about the first show for next year. I was kind of expecting a responce like this so ... you can not always do what you want.
default_sad.png

We are in the process of buying a new house where we can keep at least 22 miniature horses and put them in their own stables at night and have great training facilities.

Really hope all goes well and our dream of this house comes true.
default_wub.png
:

Patience patience patience.... yug sometimes I really dislike that word, but it will have to do for now.
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back