Stone Pony Farms Tia Dalma

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ellen

Reaction score
Poor Tia surprised with a pregnancy too early in her life for us. She faired well. Gained good weight. But sometimes, nature just isn't on your side.

Tia presented with labor at 8:15 pm Sunday night. As she progressed, the hooves apeared and were to the side. Tia is a maiden and was very nervous. We tried to repel the hooves back in several times and reposition. We just could not get her calm enough or still enough to accamodate that.

I called our vet, he was away at a conference. Left no forwarding number. I called our old vet who moved from the area. He said if my little hands and experience couldn't get it, either could he. She need to go to Aurora Animal Hospital. I called Dr. Williams, who explained in depth what needed to happen. Aurora is 3hrs from us. He said give it one more try and call him back.

In the meantime my husband called our friend for some extra hands and they had just arrived. My husband and Brian pinned Tia, I finally got in her a repeled and delivered a black and white overo. With That tia flopped on the ground and cast up. Russ and Brian got her up and moving. I ran to get more Banamine. By the time I got back....She passed.

Upon necropsy, she had a ruptured uterine artery. Dr. Wiley said in his 50 practicing years, he has seen two.

God Bless Tia and her Baby.

[SIZE=14pt]Dear Ellen and family[/SIZE]

We are so very sad and sorry that you lost your beloved Tia and her foal...Why these things happen only God knows. It sounds like you did everything possible. We bred Tia's sire, AClassic Touch Riverdance and his sire, Kewpie's Rango Of Arenosa we just recently lost, so be sure that Rango is comforting Tia and her baby on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. I hope that gives you some comfort. Again we are sorry for your loss
default_no.gif

Blessings and Prayers,

Jenny and Mel

Oh no! I'm SO deeply sorry you lost your sweet girl!
default_crybaby.gif

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

OMG....Bless her heart and you..you did everything ypu could do...sometimes Nature just has its own timetable. I am so sorry for your loss. most of us have been there and it is heartbreaking..a part of Life..we know all the terms and sentiments but when it comes down to looking at our little loved one laying there it is beyond words the hurt we feel

default_no.gif
my heart goes out to you and your family.

I am so sorry

You will be in our prayers

Thank you all so much. Tia is at peace. Running with her filly and her sire on the otherside. Thank you all so much for your comfort.

I just pray Tia has God's ear fpr her sister mares, to help guide our humble hands during the next foalings. I had not yet cried. Carried out the actions. But all of your words of comfort have helped.

Jenny, I am sorry to here of Riverdance's Passing.

So very sorry to her of the loss of your sweet Tia and her baby. The heartbreak we feel when we lose one of our beloved 'children' is beyond description.

Sending you my sympathy and hugs.

Anna

Oh how awful
default_sad.png
I'm so sorry for your loss.
default_no.gif
default_sad.png

Oh Lord, how terrible!
default_no.gif
I can't imagine the heartbreak you must feel losing her so young, and her little one too. There aren't words.

Leia

Oh I am so sorry to hear about Tia and her foal. I understand your pain we also lost a mare and foal in February. The mare was not due until April, but she aborted and developed severe colic and had to be put down.

Our thoughts are with you.

Steph

I'm so sorry for your loss. We know you did everything possible, bless you and your precious little mare and foal.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.
default_no.gif
My heart and prayer's goes out to you and your family
default_pray.gif
. Sending you sympathy and hugs.

Latest posts

Back