Still Waiting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albahurst

Reaction score
We are at 357 days now and still waiting for our old mare to foal. I do hope everything is ok. Talked to Bonnie Fogg and she reassured me

that my old mare says her pg is fine -- but I can't help but worry some. Has anyone on here ever had a mare go this long? Should I be concerned something is amiss?

Last edited by a moderator:
While not a mini, my AQHA mare went nearly 365 days with her first pregnancy; all was fine and she had a lovely, but large filly. [Her second pregnancy was closer to average length, but I don't recall actual days.]

My mare went 372 with her first! All was very fine
default_smile.png

Yes I have a mare that usually foals from 352- 358 days so hang in there
default_thumbup.gif
why don't you come over to the mare and foal thread, we would love to have you
default_yes.gif

Renee

I had one go 366 a couple of years ago and I've had quite a few over 350.
default_yes.gif

Thanks for the encouragement. I am quite exhausted - been sleeping on a mattress in the kitchen so I can watch the video cam on the tv in the kitchen. LOL Some nights our neighbors come over and watch all night so I can get some REAL sleep!. This mare is 24 and I cannot believe she has hung on to this foal this long! This is the mare we have been treating for possible placentits. She has been off the Regumate for over 2 weeks now, however.

Renee- what Mare and Foal thread are you meaning?

Last edited by a moderator:
Renee- what Mare and Foal thread are you meaning?
I'm sure she means the Foaling Forum (Mare Stare/Foal cam watchers forum here on LB - http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showforum=6 ). Come start a thread for your mare there and you'll have more company than you know what to do with while you wait. You don't have to have your camera on-line to join the fun, the conversation isn't always just about foaling while we wait, but we're all friendly.

Looking forward to seeing you in the Maternity Unit as suggested above -please come and join us!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back