Still looking...and some historical pony questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
I have found some potential Modern fillies that I just love in their unclipped state...and am waiting for clipped pictures and their Congress results but is there is no Modern sales board or am I not looking in the right places? I just want to compare apples and oranges....

Does E Training Center have a webpage - Linda (aka Fred) suggested Bill might be a source....

I know things take time but I am wanting to see ponies! :)

Congrats to all who have new ponies... someday I hope to join you with a pony of my own!

Just wondering - does anyone know about a pony (she looked like a Modern in the books) called Easter Pony? Two children's books were written on her - I read them in 1973 I think. She had to be taken off her mother and lived in the house as a foal in the first book and in the second book she grew up to be a show pony.

Another reference I am looking to was in a Marguerite Henry book about a pit pony named Bressy who rescued miners in a flooded mine - one miner was injured and had to be tied to her and she pulled him out. I would love to find out which Henry book had the story (the green copy of "All About Horses" with two horseheads on the front is what I think it came out of but I am not sure) or if any pony historians might know more about the story.

Denise

No, no Modern sales board anywhere.

Haven't seen Amber post here in a while but ownedbyapony here on the forum would be someone to contact to do a Modern comparison. Amber is a judge along with being a trainer and has been around Moderns and Hackney's her entire life so knows a good one when she sees it!
yes.gif

Not familiar with either of the books so I'm not much help on this historical question!
no.gif

There is always the Taylor Pony sale each May ... they always have a few that go through there that win at Congress.

I think Bill's / E-Training's phone number is listed on the AMHR/ASPC site - select JUDGES/STEWARDS on the left menu and you'll find his name there. He would be an excellent source to find a Modern.

I am hoping to have my filly before Taylor's sale - due to health problems I cannot travel long distances and waiting until May is not an option. The stress of an auction would not be a good thing for me.
biggrin.gif
I heard they do not sell mares/fillies until the sale so they will not be an option for me, though quality horses they do have and I do like them!
wub.gif

The fillies I saw in pictures so far have what I am looking for....

Thanks for your help!

Denise

Lewella is correct, there are no modern sales boards and Bill from E-Training does not have a web site, but his number is listed in the Journal, and in the ASPC/AMHR web site under directors. We have a Modern Weanling Filly that we have been showing out of Bill's main herd sire - 3 years ago my husband surprised me by purchasing Bill's sweepstakes breeding at the Convention. I know Bill has a few Modern foals this year - so thought these photos may be helpful to know what his stallion produces. Good luck in your search for that perfect one
biggrin.gif

Missohiohead05.jpg

Missohio0503.jpg

Missohio02.jpg

7-30-05 Hi There: Cathy Brubaker of Friendship Farm is raising Moderns almost exclusively these days. She has a great website, too -- www.fmfponies.com

Bruce Becker of Brush Creeks Ponies in Ill raises Moderns -- most coming from Ramble Ridge Rocket. He doesn't have a website, but he's listed in the Breeders Directory in Journal and he's fun to talk to. Also, Moose Meadow in Maine has some awesome ponies, http://www.moosemeadowponies.biz Rebecca and Mike are just great and usually have something nice for sale. Then there's AG Stables in Indiana and Roberts Family Ponies in Ill. Also Amy Roberts now has her own farm -- Legacy Shetlands (I think). Elle Verba has Moderns, her stallion is Harbrook's Mo Mischeif (I love him) as does, I think Michelle Swason. There are lots of them out there, but not all have websites, I know Elle does and Michelle too. Didn't check out the breeders directory, so don't know if they're listed or what state they're in, but sometimes if you just type in their name, it'll take you to their site. Oh, and Sharron and Wayne Hinkle in OK have some show stopping offspring from their Image son (A Pony of the Year and HOF) their website is, ww.sharrway.com and Diane Zmolek in OR, www.overlookfarm.net has had some super foals born this year by a Modern stallion owned by Kathy Howard and bred by Dave Diemer. Lots to look at -- and that's half the fun. So get your fingers moving. Good luck, Shirlee

Latest posts

Back