Still floating on Cloud 9 from Nationals! :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LindaL

Reaction score
I am still pinching myself from my first class at Nationals! In a class with 42 horses, my gelding Vista del Valle's Uno Confiado (aka Khan) went Reserve National Champion in Amateur Senior Geldings Under! Since they announce Reserve first, I was in a state of shock I think...standing in center ring was so surreal and I kept thinking to myself afterwards if I dreamed it all...lol! Not only was this my first time standing there, it was MY first EVER ribbon at Nationals! Khan (and other horses we own) have placed, but never with ME at the lead! lol so a Reserve was one of those things I will remember and cherish forever!
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Khan also placed 8th in a large Futurity class with Syndi Kanzler handling and he got the gate a few other times, but after that 1st class, it didn't matter!
default_thumbup.gif

I am sooo proud of my boy and sooo glad I gelded him!! He is a wonderful gelding and I can enjoy him now with no "stallion issues".
default_yes.gif

I did not order pics yet, but will post those after I do.

I was stalled with the Silver Meadows crew and had a great time with everyone there! The whole group did VERY well there and I was proud to be involved with them! The whole experience this year was amazing! I also met some new friends and also some people who I'd only ever known from here and FB, so that was fun to finally put some faces to names!
default_yes.gif

I was gone for 2 full weeks and even tho I loved being at Nationals, I am sooo glad to be HOME now to see my wife and all the furkids!
default_cheekkiss.gif

Here is a pic from when Khan was a weanling (I saw him win this class and it was after Nationals that year...2009...that I bought him)...I LOVE this horse!
default_wub.png

sneed121-16R09web(2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so glad to meet you and see Khan. He is a very handsome boy. Congratulations to you both.

Congratulations, you must be thrilled. Be sure to share pictures when you get them.

So darn excited for you.......It is an honor to place at Nationals let alone Reserve National Champion and with his owner, well....there are no words to describe it..........Big congratulations to you!!!!

Thank you all!

Tami, you are right...I was glad I was the one in center ring with him...made it even more sweet!
default_thumbup.gif

Congratulations, Linda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Tami -- an enormous honor is made that much greater since you were the one at the end of the lead. I'd have to be scraped off of the ceiling!

Latest posts

Back