Starved Mule and no way to help him

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
There are two mules at the foot hills of my mountain. They are being used to pull a very large and I mean HUGE wagon of several people. They are skin and bones and continue to drop off weight. It's serious. With the temperature rising, and kids off of school they will be pulling this wagon daily.

They are being kept in a forest where they can't even turn around due to the trees in the forest. They were given a rolled bail of hay some months ago that they can't eat because it's still there, not barely touched by them.

I cannot do a thing. My hands are tied. These people would know in an instant it was me causeing trouble.

We have NO type of animal control, humane society, or rescue in this area what so ever.

I can slip down there and take pictures to post for you if that will help anything.

I would like to just call the sherrif. He is pretty good about just going out and speaking to them about this type of thing, although he tells you up front......"it's not his job" and he doesn't have to make them do anything, so that actually is useless.........but he has gone in the past for me and spoke to someone years ago that starved horses. Didn't help.

Problem is that the dispatchers are my neighbors and will know my voice in a second. I have to get past them to speak to the sherrif......

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get them reported to ANYONE that will come in this area to talk to them?

Oh Marty, That is a horrible situation those poor mules are in. THose poor animals need SOMEONE to be there voice! Isnt there ANYONE around who can do anything? Have you tried PETA? Maybe there would be something they could do if there is no one else in your area. How are there hooves? I am sure if there not being fed ...they havent been wormed, shots or anything else done either. I wish I was closer I would go and give it a try to talk to them NICELY! I would love to see some pics of them. Corinne

No, there's no one here to help.

These are not the type of people you can reason with. I know who they are. They are the kind to just throw you off the property bodily. They are bad people, very bad people.......trust me. They've been in jail for assults etc.....he beats up on his wife.....

I will be taking a huge chance getting a picture for you tomorrow, but I will......I'll get as close as I possibly can. Pray for me though ....if I get caught, I will be in very bad trouble.

You mean ask the good guys up here to talk to the bad guys down there?

No, it doesn't work that way. Everyone minds their own business. LIke an unspoken law.

When we had some abuse going on up here, .....everyone was really up in arms about it. They shunned the people for doing the abuse, but no one was going to call the law. You just don't do that here, tell on someone to the law, or your house will be burnt down to the ground.

You have to mind your own business. That's how we get along.

It's not any different than a snich calling the feds. They will find you and bury you.

These particular people are known dangerous and not liked my many. They are not from here either. They are from Trenton, New Jersey. Go figure. One big city.

How they got here with mules is anyone's guess. Just like how I got here......

ON that questionairre, they can track me......

Our local newspaper is 4 pages......comes out every other week........no one reads it........I wonder why......

Heading down the mountain to town now. Going to get some pictures if I can. I hope they are by the road so I don't have to get out of the truck. If you don't hear back from me.......send flowers.

HAHS.Org or HAME, both have websites that will come up with Google, and though they are in Illinois, have members all across the country who will help when needed. I think they both have email addresses that you can link to on the websites. keep us posted!

Great idea Deb why didnt i think of that lol. Marty hahs is a wonderful organization and always keep everything confidential. They are a big old rescue with a wonderful rep. Since you would be doing it in Illinois no one would know! Their new president is wonderful send her an email and check it out

Latest posts

Back