Starling and Kestrel

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 45739

Reaction score
I thought I would post a couple more pictures of Starling and Kestrel, my new Mini mares. Star is the silver dapple and Kes the appaloosa (whose momma was a silver dapple, and it seems she carried the gene forward. Does that make her a "silver dappaloosa"? ::grins:: )

1-NapTime5.jpg

1-StarDay22.jpg

HorsesAreHome2.jpg

5-KesDay211.jpg

Thank you so much! I adore them both. :) I sat on the ground by them for the longest time today while they munched (a couple years ago I wouldn't have dared do that for fear of not being able to get back up!) just wishing I could take a picture of that wonderful horsey aroma!

Last edited by a moderator:
They're both silver black (silver dapple) you would call her a silver black appaloosa
default_smile.png
They are too cute.
Yep, my favorite colors. (Of course if they were pink with purple polkadots, that would probably now be my favorite color. LOL, I love my girls!)

Thank you!

Hi, all. We're still here. :) Star and Kes are doing well, and we are finding it an interesting adventure to work around cold weather, freezing temperatures, and the approach of old man winter here in upstate NY. So far, so good. We have the larger paddock done, and just have some minor adjustments to tend to inside the barn so that the girls have the ability to run-in to their stalls full time.

I hope all are well, and that you and your Minis are enjoying the fall together for the most part!

--Gayle, Starling and Kestrel--

1-FirstSnow.jpg

They Look Great, that's a wonderful picture with the snow on the trees and your furkids enjoying some hay
default_smile.png

I am about to hit Summer where I am from and the experts say its going to be a very hot one.

Thanks for the update on your girls, they are both lovely
default_smile.png

Gayzee, I love your mares! I'm sure that you will have lots of fun with them. You list upstate NY, where are you located if it's okay for me to ask? I'm upstate also, between Saratoga and Glens Falls on the Vermont border.

Ryan, winter hasn't even officially arrived, but points west of here are being hit with a major snow storm. I'm glad I'm well east of there, as it's going to be an adventure, my first winter with horses in the snow! I'm in no rush! I hope the summer is gentle for you this year -- I know parts of Australia has had some very rough summers recently!

Lucky Seven, no, I don't mind at all! I'm not all that far from you, maybe a little over an hour, I'd guess. I'm in Schoharie County (about 15 minutes from Howe Caverns ... most "upstaters" know where that is). Hi, neighbor! :)

Hi, you are in a very pretty area, have fun with your guys and you will have fun this winter watching them kick up their heels! The first few years I owned Seven, I had a figure eight snowblowed so he could motor around. He loved it! You are in a snow belt aren't you? It's amazing how much they can get through, such tuff little critters.

We're east of where the worst of the snow typically falls, but close enough for it to shift our way on occasion. It's going to be an adventure, for sure!

Enjoy your little ones, and stay cozy! :)

Latest posts

Back