Star Ridge Acres' Only Foal for 2012

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

StarRidgeAcres

This is my only foal I was expecting for 2012. I am extremely pleased for many reasons, but mostly for a healthy and beautiful foal and a healthy and beautiful momma!
default_wub.png

This little guy, currently know as Lil Bit, was born at 7:14pm CST on Saturday, March 24th. He was foaled out by Shannon and Heather at Mulligan's Run Farm and I couldn't be more pleased with the care momma and baby have received at their farm. I'm so pleased in fact, that my mare will go back to Heather's this summer after being bred again.
default_thumbup.gif
Raven has lived with Heather and Shannon since last summer and she looks fantastic!! They've always kept me updated, sent pictures,

Without further delay, here is Lil Bit, rough stats the day after birth were 19" tall, 17lbs, and expected to mature around 29". He was born to Raven Beauty, my 5 yo maiden mare, 28" tall (a tad less actually), 3X World/National Champion, many times reserve World Champion, many top tens, and earned her ROM from AMHA in Open Halter and the sire is Little Kings Black Velvet, sire of multiple World Grand Champions and multiple World Champions (in halter and driving). Thank you to Wade Burns and Jon Woodring for the opportunity. Velvet now resides in Madrid, Spain.

These first 3 pics were taken at day 8. I'm so pleased with how Raven has quickly gotten her topline and belly back. She still has some baby fat on her neck, but I can live with that! She will always be my
default_firstprize.gif
. Lil Bit's legs are very long and he's still figuring out how to use them and they are still straightening out. Hopefully they will continue to improve. The fourth pic was taken at 3 days. The pic from the stall was taken off the cam at about 24 hours.
default_hypocrite.gif
The last pics are silly pics when Heather and Shannon were giddy from sleep deprivation!
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl

Thanks for looking!

raven20120401b.jpg

raven20120401c.jpg

raven20120401a.jpg

raven2012colt72hoursold2.png

raven2012colt24hours2.jpg

ravensign.jpg

ravencrown.jpg

Awww, congratulations Parmela. I can't believe you held out on us this long!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on your beautiful, healthy foal. Sure do love your Raven!

Seriously, why'd you leave us waiting so long!
default_thumbup.gif

What a handsome boy!!!!!
default_wub.png

Raven is a Raving beauty and his daddy is pretty awesome too!

I bet yu're going to enjoy showing this little guy!
default_yes.gif

Congrats again Parm!

Your mare is absolutely stunning!! The baby is sure to follow in momma's footsteps!! Congratulations!

Great pictures and they both look wonderful.

Adorable!!! Worth the wait and love the barn rules! LOL

Congratulations again. Was also surprised you waited this long to post. Both he and momma are just gorgeous.

I think I need to post those "Rules" myself....

He really is just a little beauty and looking forward to seeing more pics of him as he grows up

Thanks everyone!

I kept waiting because I thought I'd come up with a real name for him; but it just hasn't happened. I'm flying there on April 24th to see them in person so I'm hoping seeing him in the flesh will prompt a name to pop in my head!lol I doubt it works that way, but I'm hoping.

Regarding Heather and Shannon... I just wanted to publically thank them for all they've done. They have taken care of Raven, and now Lil Bit, like their own. They've gotten the best feed, hay, herbs, vet care and loving! Raven's coat looks AMAZING where she was baby clipped and I know it's because of Heather's "special" blend of herbs and supplements that she provides. They took expert care of her and have watched her like a hawk when it came time to be on cam. They did everything right and when Raven needed a little bit of help getting that baby out, Shannon was right there, never losing her calm, and in a few minutes I had a new foal to show for it! Their vet has been amazing, also watching the cams regularly, and was on Lil Bit's issues immediately when he needed some extra care. Did I still worry? Sure! Worry is one of the things I do best!LOL But having Raven with them was the best decision for Raven. They have the skills, facility and support staff to handle what is thrown at them and I felt her being with them gave her the best chance of a successful foaling. I will never be able to thank them enough. They are true angels.
default_hypocrite.gif
And the cost has been crazy reasonable for all my horses got!
default_yes.gif

Last edited:
Congrats on an awesome foal, he is destined to do great things. I admire you for doing everything you have done with Raven and then to carefully find the perfect cross for her and then to have her foal at such a wonderful place. Best of luck with Raven, Lil Bit and the future foal!

Awwwwww what a cutie!!! Glad everything went well and everyone is healthy!!! Love the photos!!!

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Congrats nice looking fellow. Nice photos:) O my the stud she is going to be bred to is so nice.You will have another fine foal next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bless his heart, he has the softest eyes, and is absolutly stunning. Eye candy for sure. He should do very well in the show ring, and I think you should enter Raven and him in mare and foal of current year class, they should do very well as she still has the presence. Please keep posting pictures of him as he grows.

Latest posts

Back