Star foaled: dystocia but they are okay

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
Star foaled about an hour ago and it was a dystocia. I have never been so scared. I was home alone and I knew it was going bad as all I could get was one leg. Thank god for my neighbors Abby and Jim. Jim got here and finally got the other leg out and delivered the foal. But it took everything he had to pull that foal out. For anyone watchign cam I do apologize for shutting it off but I was so scared. Its a beautiful black & white colt and hes already nursed.

Now bailey looks ready to foal so I will be switching them soon

Im so exhausted

Congrats - now get some rest!

Barbie

WHEW! How scary! I'm so glad Jim was able to help get him born.

Congratulations Kay! I hope you'll post pics soon after you've rested up a bit.

Good luck with Bailey!
default_yes.gif

Congrats on your new boy!!

Sorry is was scary but I'm glad everything turned out good...

Missy

Thanks so much guys!! Hes such a cutie! I feel so bad that I have to kick them out of their stall. Im hoping Bailey will at least wait until Kyle gets home. I need sleep so badly

I think Im still in shock that he was alive

A couple people have emailed being upset at the cam being off. Please try to understand it was a bad situation. I also didnt feel it fair to put my neighbor on live cam when he was trying to help me.

Im praying so hard Baileys foaling goes better

No apologies necessary Kay.......

Just delighted to hear your little tyke is on

the ground and healthy, as everyone should be.

Catch some zzzzzz's. Hoping to see a photo

when you've rested. Congratulatons!

You have EVERY RIGHT to turn YOUR CAM off!

I'm am TICKLED he's OK!

HOT BATH and then SLEEP!

PS Pictures later..................................................

PSS Maybe I should invest in a come along?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, I had her cam up all night on the computer and she waited until morning to foal. Just like a woman. I'm so glad to hear everything worked out. I know how scared I was one time when I couldn't find the other leg, and I don't have horsey neighbors like you to help. Hope the little guy and his momma continue to do well!!

Congratulations Kay! I missed it as I was taking my daughter to the doc. she's expecting her own little "foal" come early fall.

I's so glad everything turned out ok! It's your right to turn the cam on and off at your discretion. Don't apologize, i'm grateful we can see what we can!

Hope you get some rest!

thank you guys so much. just put bailey on cam as she is now waxing. I feel a double header. Im going to try and take a nap and let kyle watch but if anyone is watching and sees her going in labor please call

Kay:

Congrats!!! So glad that your neighbor was able to help. I have so much more of an appreciation of how blessed we were in the past with all of our healthy or scary but successful births now.

Ruth Owen

Stardust Acres

Congrats, Kay!! I bet he's awesome. A cam is the owner's decision--I'd not leave it on if things got rough. no need for that extra stress.

Well I am elated to hear you have a healthy new foal! Those are truly some good neighbors too. Congratulations! I hope you get a chance to rest before the next one.

i am glad every thing is ok. dont apologize for turning off the camera. you made the right choice.

Congratulations, glad you were able to get him out.....very frightening when it goes wrong.

Your camera, your right to have it on or off as you see fit.
default_smile.png

Jan

Im glad things turned out okay with them kay
default_smile.png
. Scary im sure, lucky you have that foaling facility right around the corner from you. When we came over the first time and got lost, we stopped there for directions, they are really nice people
default_smile.png

Congrats, i cought a peek at him this morning on cam and he looks handsome
default_smile.png

Congratulations!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I'm glad everything came out all right and can't wait to see pics! I'm watching Bailey now.....lying down, looking uncomfortable. Maybe she'll go tonight for you!!

Latest posts

Back