Star foaled: dystocia but they are okay

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[SIZE=12pt]
default_aktion033.gif
I'm so happy to hear it ended well
default_aktion033.gif
So sorry though, that you and your girl had to go through that
default_sad.png
[/SIZE]

can't wait to see pictures
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

default_yes.gif
Congrats

Joy

Congratulations.

Sounds like our Star, who foaled Monday.

One leg and the muzzle was all there was initially. Very scary indeed.

Im going to try and run out and get pics before the storm hits. He has one blue eye just like star. This guys legs go on for milessssss

Now if I could just get Bailey to foal zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Thank Goodness all is ok!
default_aktion033.gif
How scarey for you!!
default_new_shocked.gif

I can not believe people would be upset you shut the cam off....
default_wacko.png
Some people need to get a life and have some respect!
default_no.gif

Congratulations on your new foal! He sounds VERY PRETTY!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
I hope all goes well with your next one!
default_yes.gif
I will and have been watching your cam and hope to catch one of yours foaling!
default_yes.gif

Jeri

Congrats!
default_aktion033.gif
He sounds gorgeous. We had one born like that it was really scary we thought for sure it was dead but it was fine legs were a bit screwy at first then straightened in a couple days, that little miracle is now residing in France!

I'm so sorry to hear that people were giving you a hard time about turning it off, I would have done the same thing, makes me not want to get marestare cam
default_no.gif
(we were thinking on it for next year)

I'm really looking forward to seeing pictures!
default_yes.gif

I just want to say our cam has been the best thing we have ever done!! It is such a relief to me to know extra eyes are watching just in case I miss something. I have never in 2 years had anyone call with a false alarm or had bad phone calls. Like I said above I think people that emailed were just frustrated as they had been watching star for days and days and really wanted to see her foal. They were not nasty just disappointed.

When Shade was born a few weeks ago and we had trouble getting him to nurse it was so nice to have the cam as my friends could watch and give me tips on other things to try.

So please do not NOT get a cam!!

I am so glad that everything worked out, kaykay! I know that desperate feeling when you know things are going badly and you are all alone...

But THIS??...

A couple people have emailed being upset at the cam being off.
The Sitting In My Chair At My Computer Judgmental Types need to seriously do a bit of self-evaluation.

If your camera was not "entertaining" enough, I am sure they could find another one to switch to... but no - better to whine about how deprived they were.

UNBELIEVABLE.
default_no.gif

Thank God for good neighbors!!! Congrats on getting him here alive
default_yes.gif
default_biggrin.png

Sooo glad everything turned out OK! Congratulations!! My hubby was always gone too when there was a dystocia, never failed and the heart beats pretty fast knowing its up to you for the mare to be ok and the foal to make it.

Sorry you were given a hard time about your cam being turned off. I feel its a complete privelage for folks to be able to watch and you should never feel bad when you need to turn it off!!

I hope you get some well needed rest soon! Looking forward to seeing pictures!
default_smile.png

Congrats Kay. I'll be watching this one. Sorry, I may have missed it, but is Flirt in foal again -or did she foal already? Or do you even still have her?-.

Hi Matt

Yes flirt is in foal again!! Only problem is she bred every month this summer so we dont know her exact due date. Ughhh. Judging by the size of her tummy shes probably due late May. She bred with the stallion all the way through Aug!! So I was thinking late summer foal but her tummy is huge. Guess she just didnt want to stop breeding
default_wink.png

Latest posts

Back